Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re the recent posts of looking for game-mates: may I say a little about myself. 62 years of age and just getting back into boardgames in a big way. My playing partners are mainly workmates (working lunch!) and immediate family. I stay in Livingston and the nearest club appears to be in Edinburgh but I rather think it is more traditional wargames and the dreaded Games Workshop. My favourite is Memoir 44 but see my profile for my other games. If there is anyone nearby who would like a game - drop me a line. Alternatively, share your lack of gaming mates with me and we'll weep over our meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
janglybits wrote:
I stay in Livingston

That's a good reason to weep all on it's own. You have the bleakest looking railway station I ever saw (from the M8).

Can't help about the gaming though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I turn 59 this month and enjoy wargaming. I have Memoir'44, Battle Cry and BattleLore, but live in Motherwell. A wee bit too far away.

Regards,

Jim O'Neill
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

I am in livingston too, 53 years young, and just getting back into wargaming and funnilly enough board gaming as well ( battlelore and a dungeon game called descent). I have hooked up with Martin from Linlithgow ( another Battlelore,Memoir and Descent player) and we plan to go to the Edinburgh club sometime. You are right that the club seems to be mostly wargamers but according to some posts there are a few board gamers as well. They also seem to be Board gamer friendly :-) so that's a plus.

I would certainly be up for a game of battleore, Martin and I are planning to go though to Edinburgh on the Fisrt Thursday in June if you fancy a lift let me know.

Anyway Nice to meet ya on the Geek, who knows What with yourself, Jim, Martin and I that makes at least 4 of us playing battlelore in Central Scotland, thats almost a club in its own right :-))

My email is rayg@blueyonder.co.uk if you want to hook up outside the Geek

Cheers

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillian Joseph
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We live in Edinburgh and have turned up to ELG once. It was very wargame heavy, which is not our thing. However we played some card games we took with us and received a friendly welcome. I'd be more inclined to go if I knew some more board gamers would be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MattAndGill wrote:
We live in Edinburgh and have turned up to ELG once. It was very wargame heavy, which is not our thing. However we played some card games we took with us and received a friendly welcome. I'd be more inclined to go if I knew some more board gamers would be there.

Hi

I was thinking of trying the South East Scotland Wargamers Club http://seswc.co.uk/

I think, as you say, both clubs are primarily wargames but welcome boards gamers. I guess if there are now at least 5 of us we should be able to make a nice wee board game section, what do ya all think?

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Again Folks

Just an update, I attended http://seswc.co.uk/ last night and it is a great club, there is a group of about 5 boardgamers (now 6 as I joined last night, soon to be 7 if Martin from Linlithgow joins on the 5th June).

They were playing battlelore last night but also play memoir 44, various boardgames and also RPG's on a regular basis.

VERY friendly bunch of chaps and well worth a visit of you are looking for games in the EDinburgh area.

Let me know if anyone is still intesested, Both Martin and I will ge going along again on the 5th June

Cheers

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raymond,

One of these days... Honest...

Warmest regards,

Jim O'Neill
AKA: BigBaldy
AKA: Coffindodger
Est. 1949

Check the tags

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
Raymond,

One of these days... Honest...

Warmest regards,

Jim O'Neill
AKA: BigBaldy
AKA: Coffindodger
Est. 1949

Check the tags

Anytime Jim, look foward to hooking up sometime

Cheers

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john davidson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
weebaldy wrote:
Hi Again Folks

Just an update, I attended http://seswc.co.uk/ last night and it is a great club, there is a group of about 5 boardgamers (now 6 as I joined last night, soon to be 7 if Martin from Linlithgow joins on the 5th June).

Ray

Hi Ray,
Glad you were able to come along and that you enjoyed yourself. There's more of us there playing boardgames than you may think..both of the groups playing RPGs last thursday also do boardgaming.

My normal buddies play (mostly) eurogames at the moment (Carcassone, Race for the Galaxy) but I'm a big fan of Martin Wallace games like Struggle of Empires & Empires of the Ancient World so they get wheeled out and dusted down every few months.
Give me a shout next time you are in the club - we usually sit at the table nearest the door.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wjohnd wrote:
weebaldy wrote:
Hi Again Folks

Ray

Hi Ray,
Glad you were able to come along and that you enjoyed yourself. There's more of us there playing boardgames than you may think..both of the groups playing RPGs last thursday also do boardgaming.

My normal buddies play (mostly) eurogames at the moment (Carcassone, Race for the Galaxy) but I'm a big fan of Martin Wallace games like Struggle of Empires & Empires of the Ancient World so they get wheeled out and dusted down every few months.
Give me a shout next time you are in the club - we usually sit at the table nearest the door.

John

Hi John

Thanks for the update, Both Martin and I will be at the club this thursday 5th June, we have arranged a game of battlelore. I will make sure we say Hi on the night,

see you soon

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to see everyone at the SESWG Club on Thursday 5th June - on the sixth of June I hope to gain the shelter of the sea-wall on Omaha beach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
janglybits wrote:
I hope to see everyone at the SESWG Club on Thursday 5th June - on the sixth of June I hope to gain the shelter of the sea-wall on Omaha beach!

Hi Paul

Great to here you are coming along to SESWGC tonight, Martin and I have arrnged a game of Battlelore, you are welcome to join us. I notice you have sent me a PM regarding tonight but for some reason I cant seem to open it ( looks like geekmail may be down). If you get this message you can also get me on rayg@blueyonder.co.uk

See ya soon

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
janglybits wrote:
Weeping over meeples.

Does that make us Weeples?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gillespie
Scotland
Livingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
janglybits wrote:

Sorry we never managed to Tie up. Had a great game of Battlore ( well got well an truly thrashed, but heing pants at all games is my norm so I am used to it )

Loads of other gamers at the club and made some arrangments to play History of the world and discussed Descemt as well.

Also some other chaps playing Memoir 44 so loads of scope for board gamers at the club.

See ya soon

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.