Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at Go! The Game Store this afternoon at the Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee and they are having a 50% off everything sale as they're closing up shop at the end of the month. The lady at the store indicated the Navy Pier location would probably be my closest location as from my what I understood other area location were following suit and they were going to focus on their seasonal business model.

She also said she had heard Gamer's Paradise at Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg is going out of business.

Anyhow... on to the games...

They had a 1 Starcraft and 2 World of Warcraft left for $40 each. Tannhauser, Carcassonne, Carcassonne: The Tower and River II expansions, Puerto Rico, Elasund, Seafarers of Catan (new 4th one) and 5-6 expansion (old one), Rattlesnake, Age of Empires III, and one of the WoW expansions. Quite a bit of D&D stuff. WoW, MTG, Lord of the Ring CCGs among others. Lots of puzzles and standard board games like Sorry Transformers and Simspons editions.

and I'm sure there are several other game titles available that didn't make it into my short term memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you happen to have a link to their website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Butler
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get the seafarers of catan new edition if I can. Did they happen to have AD&D 3.5 ED core books?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gogamestore.com/ is their website.

Yes, they had several D&D 3.5E books. I recall something called the Monster Collection which just dawned on me is probably a set of all of the monster manuals given that there are about 5 now.

Also forgot to mention that they will be closing the Spring Hill location at the end of the month (May '08).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I went, the Navy Pier collection was overwhelmingly party games (and some CCGs at the counter) with one smallish shelf containing Euros--Catan, Carcassonne, and several more obscure titles. Given that Navy Pier tends to cater to tourists, the collection's bound to be a little weedy, I suppose.

Is it just the Woodfield Gamers' Paradise that's closing? It'd be a shame if the Century store packed up, too. It's virtually the only game in town these days (yeah, I said it). However, I think it does pretty brisk business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Is it just the Woodfield Gamers' Paradise that's closing?

At this point, to me, that's just a rumor. I'm not claiming that GP at Woodfield is closing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Graffagnino
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called the Spring Hill mall store. No holding or shipping. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Chicagoland (Orland Park)
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There used to be Gamer's Paradise stores in Orland Park and Chicago Ridge, and they're both gone. The only ones I know that are still around are in Woodfield and Yorktown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Canning
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There used to be Gamer's Paradise stores in Orland Park and Chicago Ridge, and they're both gone. The only ones I know that are still around are in Woodfield and Yorktown.

There's one in Vernon Hills at Hawthorn Mall and one in Gurnee Mills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kenosis wrote:

One of my best gaming purchase days was at Orland: Arkham Horror and Power Grid which both climbed into my top 3 games of all time. I was sad to see they are gone as it was just last summer I was last there.

There is a Gamer's Paradise in Water Tower but their selection is very random and inconsistent. And I am not entirely sure it is there as it has been a few months since I have been up that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one at Woodfield is NOT closing. Or, if they are, they're not having a sale, so what's the point? I hope you guys haven't cleaned out Springhill too much, because I'm off to go there right now, and hopefully pick up something decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.