Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Carey
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't find the answer to this in the English translation of the rules. What if you don't have a pair to sell, or enough money to buy any of the available cards? Is it a forced pass, a loss, or the end of your opportunity to play any longer (even if a possible buy comes up later) but you're still in for final scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you encountered such situation?

I don't think it can really happen unless one player intentionally play it very poorly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skrebs
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starsunsky wrote:
Have you encountered such situation?

I don't think it can really happen unless one player intentionally play it very poorly.

That's what I was thinking. I've only played a few times with my wife, but I can't imagine getting into that situation. If that happened in our game, I would quietly walk away from the table hanging my head in shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna have to go with Steve here. The math shows that it can happen. If it did, that person would lose, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I nearly got myself into this situation on my last playing. Since there's no way out of it, once in, I'm inclined to say the player forfeits all future turns, meaning the other player can play on auto-pilot, which most likely will lead to their win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Spain
flag msg tools
darquil wrote:
Since there's no way out of it, once in, I'm inclined to say the player forfeits all future turns, meaning the other player can play on auto-pilot, which most likely will lead to their win.

This sounds reasonable to me. The wild card is designed to allow you to get out of this situation once.

An alternative might be to sell a single card at face value or half value. I think I would only do this when playing with kids since they tend to like to play out the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.