United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My son (9) loves jumping from one free MMORPG to the next. He readily switches from RuneScape to Last Chaos to Dungeon Runners in 1 night, throwing the occassional GuildWars and Diablo in.

He has friends that play MapleStory.

I know nothing about this game and the official site is most unhelpful.

Can anyone tell me what the game is like before I set him up in an account?

I also can't find sys requirements - my home PC is like 6 years old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at this one for my kids as well. I agree that the site is unhelpful. I'll be interested in any response you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I've heard of it, but I always assumed it was just a traditional (as in, cardboard) CCG. It's apparently an online game? Could be something worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The online game predates the CCG by several years.

It looks somewhat goofy anime. I can't tell what it really is. Being, is it just a place for teens to hang out and hook up, or is there a viable game there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This may help. I know my cousins play it occasionally (including one that doesn't really play videogames). Seems like a traditional 2-D side scrolling level grind fest common to a lot of the free Korean MMO. I'm pretty sure the system requirements are rather low considering the N64 quality animation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My early teen daughter was really into it, so my son and I made some characters, too. I think a large part of the attraction was the fact that some of her friends from school were also on it. She fomed a guild and made some "web friends." The other attraction was killing enough monsters and performing quests to go up in level to get more abilities (to help you kill monsters and perform quests....). There are special holiday themes where some monsters change appearance and new quests and new items are available.

In general you walk around an animae world and kill monsters and chit chat with other users. Not particularly inspired, but it could become strangely addicting to "just get that one more level."

They make some effort to control inappropriate language and users can get banned for cheating or inappropriate messaging.

I'd say it's safe enough, but not particularly engaging outside the social aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
I'd say it's safe enough, but not particularly engaging outside the social aspect.

Ahh, okay. This basically kills my interest in it. I'll stick with Toontown, since my kids can't read yet anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent my kids to MapplethorpeStory instead, and they came back with strange looks on their little faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it for a while about a year or so ago. It's 2D/Side-Scrolling/Anime inspired/Cutesy graphics. Totally free but like a lot of F2P MMO's you can spend real $$ to buy enhancements and stuff.

Very low system requirements. Should run on a 6 yo PC without any issues...

Very grind fest and walking from A to B can take forever..especially when one of the points in between has way high level monsters that kill you really fast.

HTH some.

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.