T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing a second roll to see if a weapon breaks/loses ammo after using it. However, in the FAQ for Growing Hunger (which I just picked up) it states that with a card that gives +1 to the ranged attack roll you cannot lose the Revolver and the Flare Gun is a sure hit. Do you count if the Attack Roll is a 1? With the shotgun I make a second roll after all attacks; is THAT correct too?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Revolver and Shotgun, you don't make a separate roll.

With the Baseball Bat, and Meat Cleaver and stuff that just adds fight dice. You do make a separate roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with the shotgun do you roll one die at a time and if you get an out of ammo result you cannot shoot the rest of the Zombies in the square? Or can you roll for all Zombies at once and if any die comes up as out of ammo all of your hits still count?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I've been doing a second roll to see if a weapon breaks/loses ammo after using it. However, in the FAQ for Growing Hunger (which I just picked up) it states that with a card that gives +1 to the ranged attack roll you cannot lose the Revolver and the Flare Gun is a sure hit. Do you count if the Attack Roll is a 1? With the shotgun I make a second roll after all attacks; is THAT correct too?...

For the 'Revolver' if your HIT roll is a '1' then the 'Revolver' runs out of ammo unless the heroic card "Laying Down the Law" has been played on the hero with the revolver.

For the 'Pump Shotgun' you make a separate die roll each time the shotgun is fired; on a die roll of '1' or '2' the shotgun is out of ammo unless the heroic card "Laying Down the Law" has been played on the hero with the shotgun in which case only on a die roll of '1' does the shotgun run out of ammo.

The heroic card "Laying Down the Law" adds +1 to the hero HIT roll for the revolver, shotgun, flare gun, and dynamite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
So with the shotgun do you roll one die at a time and if you get an out of ammo result you cannot shoot the rest of the Zombies in the square? Or can you roll for all Zombies at once and if any die comes up as out of ammo all of your hits still count?...

You make a single, separate 'out of ammo' roll after you have resolved all of the HIT rolls for the zombie(s) in the square; it doesn't matter if there is one zombie or ten, there is only one 'out of ammo' roll for the shotgun being fired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! So for "one shot" weapons (i.e. Revolver) the hit roll counts. For non-ammo weapons and multiple roll weapons (i.e Shotgun,) there is a separate roll. Thanks!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Excellent! So for "one shot" weapons (i.e. Revolver) the hit roll counts. For non-ammo weapons and multiple roll weapons (i.e Shotgun,) there is a separate roll. Thanks!...

Sorry, didn't have the shotgun card in front of me, and I assumed it was like the revolver. But yes, this would be accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revolver is the ONLY weapon in the game that doesn't have an independent "break" roll. It uses the result from the ranged attack roll to see if it breaks, and this is why Laying Down the Law stops it from breaking (you can't roll a 1 on the ranged attack roll) You can still roll a "1" on "break" rolls, so you can still break the shotgun or any other weapon, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Pate
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Thanks for the post. I read the shotgun wrong on my first play through, and we were rolling to check ammo for every target instead of roll the action of the shotgun being fired.

It all makes sense now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.