Subject: Still active? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Hernegran
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Hullo!

Recently I've planned on getting into this lovely game again after several years of no gaming. But visiting Wizkids webpage I notice there hasn't been any new realese since april 2007? And my lokal game store isn't selling much either. Is this game still alive and kicking? Any new realeses planned? And if people still play this, then what should I start with? There are so many releases to choose from and I'm not very experienced in these kinds of games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    WizKids keeps introducing new ships under different package names, but the core game is the same. You can find plenty of Spanish Main ships on eBay at very reasonable prices, or move into some of the newer ships. I'd recommend getting some of the newer series ships for some more variety in rules and ship types. Go to the game's page -- Pirates of the Spanish Main and read the description to see the names of all of the new series of card sets. The same core game with rule tweaks and new ships. Some of the new ones are razor-sharp.

I'm still seeing the latest release in my local stores by the way, but often the box is empty -- sold out!

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Huntington
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is still available, and WizKids is still releasing new sets. The game is now part of their PocketModel line, like their Star Wars game. I still teach kids to play it once in a while, and I still buy a few packs once in a while when the little boy in me needs to build something cool cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just haven't been updating their "Products" page. Go to the "Gallery" page and you will see the three sets since Ocean's Edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise, you can normally find it at Target, Meyers, and others. Its widespread if you look hard enough. Later additions have better variety and etc. Fire and Steel is latest edition as of May 2008. Plenty of places online have it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Hernegran
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Okidoki. Thanks everyone =: )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.