United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
i rang Devir USA (the US distributor) and got my name on an interested persons list

when asked on US availability, the answer was late June

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devir U.S.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes, that's true. The finished product just hit the warehouse in Portugal and our PO for the US ships on Monday. Transit will take approximately 3 weeks but I wanted to be sure of the arrival date before we made any public announcement. I'm trying to play it safe.

Please feel free to email me with further questions though. Thanks for your interest!

Matt Hyland
General Manager
Devir U.S.
matt.hyland@devir.pt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the update

please keep us posted on any updates
and
can we buy direct ?
or
are any of the online stores taking an interest ?
and
i will stop bugging you now !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devir U.S.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
No worries, I'm glad you're interested.

My personal preference is to have product go through the standard distribution chain, but if we aren't able to place the game that way we will sell direct.

We have had some interest from online retailers but no orders have been placed yet. As we acquire more retail and distribution customers, I will make that information known. And I'll try to post more updates as they happen. Next week I should have a better idea of when it'll hit our warehouse in Florida.

Thanks again for your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend contacting GameSurplus.com, they have a tremendous reputation, particularly for speedy and friendly service to the Northeast US. They mainly carry the more popular Euro games, such as all the Rio Grande products, but they have been known to carry a wargame or two as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

none of the online stores that i have used (i.e. many of the major ones) are listing España 1936 yet, i was hoping for preorder listings and an idea of a purchase price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Perez
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just read through the rules and I soooo want this. The game looks amazing stylistically, looks like a lighter card driven wargame ( loved twilight struggle, but path to glory looks intimidating) and games about spain are awesome (i'm spanish after all =D).

Any ETA on US dristibution or should i just order a spanish copy? Boats tend to be slow though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
the Devir (USA) website now has a Word document listing the price as $55 and the game being available in June

i have asked my FLGS to see if they can get get it, none of the major online stores are listing it, even as a pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
dpdlc wrote:
I just read through the rules and I soooo want this. The game looks amazing stylistically, looks like a lighter card driven wargame ( loved twilight struggle, but path to glory looks intimidating) and games about spain are awesome (i'm spanish after all =D).

Any ETA on US dristibution or should i just order a spanish copy? Boats tend to be slow though.

as a card assisted game it is much lighter than POG, and better looking as well. i have now played the game 5 times and it still feeling fresh and fun to play, as well as playing quicker than most card driven wargames.

this game manages to capture the flavour of the conflict and still be fun with lots of player interaction, no time for boredom as the players are alternating their actions most of the time.

as well as capturing many of the challenges that both sides had to deal with, while still being capable of evolving differently each time it is played. in the game i played yesterday the International Brigades arrived in turn 1 and were reinforced several times, while the Italian CTV did not show up at all, the Nationalist won the game on turn 5 (late 1936) just before the Italians were about to make their grand entrance.

the Spanish Civil War has always been an interesting period, i am also reading Antony Beevor's book on the SCW again, it must be 15-20 years since i read it.

get this game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on the availability yet? I have been checking back here when I can and there hasn't been any news.

I played this game a week and half ago, and it is wonderful. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
zeotter wrote:
Any word on the availability yet? I have been checking back here when I can and there hasn't been any news.

I played this game a week and half ago, and it is wonderful. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

nothing yet, i will email Devir (USA) and see when and how it can be bought direct from them.

i have asked Knight-ware (thats my closest FLGS) to look for the game through their distributors.

none of the online stores have replied to me concerning them stocking the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:
as well as capturing many of the challenges that both sides had to deal with, while still being capable of evolving differently each time it is played. in the game i played yesterday the International Brigades arrived in turn 1 and were reinforced several times, while the Italian CTV did not show up at all, the Nationalist won the game on turn 5 (late 1936) just before the Italians were about to make their grand entrance.

That was because I was FAR TOO aggressive as the Republic. With that one game under my belt, I already saw the flaws in my strategies, and have a better idea of how to deploy and move the Republican forces next time I play.

Tim, you've created a wave of hype for this game. Agrico-what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
still nothing definite about how and when we can get the game... although Devir USA have promised to keep me informed. the game being sold in Germany appears to be the English language edition

at the moment i think the best method may be buying direct from Devir USA themselves, if our FLGS and FOGS do not list it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
oi_you_nutter wrote:

That was because I was FAR TOO aggressive as the Republic. With that one game under my belt, I already saw the flaws in my strategies, and have a better idea of how to deploy and move the Republican forces next time I play.

do you want a rematch ? devil

both sides have to be careful of over-committing their forces, the Republican offensive card could wreak havoc at almost anytime. every time you played the 3rd Republican event card i was half expecting a wry smile followed by the dreaded words "Republican offensive"

J.L.Robert wrote:

Tim, you've created a wave of hype for this game. Agrico-what?

let's hope we can get hold of the game soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:
do you want a rematch ? devil

This is a rockin' game. It's pretty much what I want from a wargame using cards...cards to augment the game, not dictate it.

I'm certainly up for a rematch.

oi_you_nutter wrote:
every time you played the 3rd Republican event card i was half expecting a wry smile followed by the dreaded words "Republican offensive"

That would have been nice. That, OR getting my militia to improve their quality. Getting NEITHER pretty much hamstrung my game.

oi_you_nutter wrote:
let's hope we can get hold of the game soon enough.

True that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devir U.S.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey everyone, as Eddie's message says, the game arrived this morning and we're ready to start shipping.

I just wanted to reiterate that although we can sell direct, it would be great if you supported your FLGS or even the online retailers you're loyal to. Game Surplus is on board, and retailers in Canada can get it through Universal Distribution. Just have your FLGS give us a call.

Thanks again for your interest.

Matt Hyland
Devir U.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
the only online store (in the USA) that appears to be listing the game is Gamesurplus

Noble Knight say they will have stock within a week

see

link to another bgg thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.