Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a basketball fan, so I've had the TV on quite a bit lately watching the NBA playoffs. The downside of that is that I'm subjected to the relentless barage of commercials.

I recently developed my own little mantra to tune these out: whatever they say, I internally translate it as "Blah Blah Blah, Buy Our Stuff!". This is excellent mental armor, very useful as the advertisers do their utmost to influence my mind.

Once I'd acquired this habit, I found useful variations. The fast-talk mumble of lawyerese at the close of certain commercials becomes "Blah Blah Blah, Can't Sue Us!". It also works when away from the TV. If I'm stuck in a conversation with a bore, I mentally deploy "Blah Blah Blah, I'm So Cool!" as a voice over for whatever they say.

He's insane, you say. Yes, probably, but at least I'm more relaxed.

Which brings me to the title of the thread. I already felt BGG had a signal to noise problem, and the new poll feature is already making that far worse. But it's OK with me, I've got protection. When I see a dumb poll, I won't get irritated - I'll just think "Blah Blah Blah, Take My Poll!", and move along with a smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Burnett
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot to add this...

Poll
Blah Blah Blah, Take My Poll?
Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah
      18 answers
Poll created by brerfrog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teague Webb
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blah Blah Blah, Thumb and Tip my reply!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I'm a basketball fan, so I've had the TV on quite a bit lately watching the NBA playoffs. The downside of that is that I'm subjected to the relentless barage of commercials.

I recently developed my own little mantra to tune these out: whatever they say, I internally translate it as "Blah Blah Blah, Buy Our Stuff!". This is excellent mental armor, very useful as the advertisers do their utmost to influence my mind.

Once I'd acquired this habit, I found useful variations. The fast-talk mumble of lawyerese at the close of certain commercials becomes "Blah Blah Blah, Can't Sue Us!". It also works when away from the TV. If I'm stuck in a conversation with a bore, I mentally deploy "Blah Blah Blah, I'm So Cool!" as a voice over for whatever they say.

He's insane, you say. Yes, probably, but at least I'm more relaxed.

Which brings me to the title of the thread. I already felt BGG had a signal to noise problem, and the new poll feature is already making that far worse. But it's OK with me, I've got protection. When I see a dumb poll, I won't get irritated - I'll just think "Blah Blah Blah, Take My Poll!", and move along with a smile.

Blah Blah Blah, I'm So Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brerfrog wrote:
You forgot to add this...

Poll
Blah Blah Blah, Take My Poll?
Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah
      18 answers
Poll created by brerfrog

Sounds like the Video Professor:

"Blah blah blah, try my product!"

Yeah, I'm watching entirely too much cable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, I'm so cool!
Very nice. I may have to try that out, here. It is certainly more amusing than replacing entire monologues with *snip*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

That is why the Flying Spaghetti Monster/God/our alien overlords invented the mute button...

Edit: Oh wait, I should have made that into a poll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only REAL sports are Baseball, Bowling and anything with Broads (NOT women)! That'll solve this B'Ball thingee....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.