Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when you get a mini thats twisted in a arkward position, is there any way to rectify this?

i.e keep it in a clamp for a week?

whats your fix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen it mentioned for these types of figures specifically, but typically the way plastic figures are reshaped is to take a pot of near boiling water, dip the figure in it (using pliers or something so you don't burn yourself). Pull it out of the water, bend the figure to the shape you need, then dunk it into ice water. I'm not 100% sure about doing this on painted figures, so you might check around a bit on that before attempting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been out of the scene for a LONG time, but back when I was collecting the first few sets, I used hot water.

1) Boil some water
2) Let it cool a bit and put it in a bowl
3) Have a bowl of ice water near by
4) Place the mini in the now HOT water and shape it how you want it
5) Hold it like that in the hot water for at least a minute
6) Transfer it to the cold water immediately, and hold it there for a minute

If they changed the plastics they use this might not work any more, but it worked like a charm for my early skeletons and Vadania.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Both previous suggestions are the way to go. The painted D&D minis are very durable and this won't harm them in any way. I've done it many times.

Just mind how you subsequently store the minis, in order to prevent having to do this constantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way, if you don't want to deal with the boiling water, is to simply use a blow dryer instead. That's what I've used. You hold the mini about a half foot or so in front of the blow dryer for about twenty seconds, and then, like everyone else is suggesting, bend the figure back to its proper shape, and then hold it in the bowl of icy cold water for a while. Voila! And no scalded fingers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.