mbmbmbmbmb
From DoW site, list of what will be in the box:

Merlin figure and Summary card
7 New Knight's Coats of Arms
A new deck of Loyalty cards including 1 additional Traitor card
16 New Travel cards
14 Black cards including 7 new Special Black cards
23 White cards, including 8 new Special White cards
A bonus figure of Sir Bedivere, complete with his own Coat of Arms and colored die
Merlin's Company rules booklet

I am marvelled there will be no miniatures for the knights!
Also the box size seems to be the big sqared one, the same of Shadows.
Why so big a box? (if it will be a big box)

Well it's not an attack, it's that I fear to be "deluded"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The "footprint" of the box will be the same as the original box. But the depth of it will be much thinner - much like the TTR: Switzerland or M44: Air Pack expansions. It will probably be just deep enough to split all the cards up into a few even decks, have slots for the two new figures, the die, and an indent for the Coat of Arms and rules.

EDIT:
For a comparison, SOC is the same size box as M44 and TTR. Here are their latest expansions:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I really appreciated about "Duel in the Dark" is that they created the "big bag of expansion" just like a pastic bag so then you can put everything in the main box and it costed less.

I wish "Crown and Glory" for Warrior Knights and Merlin's Company where the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
I am marvelled there will be no miniatures for the knights!

This is because they are color-coded to go with the original game. So if you want to play with expansion-red knight, you can't play with original-red knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This means that:
- either they already know they will not produce miniatures for the new knights
- or when they will do this, they will create couples of new sheets and dice matching the ground color of these miniatures.

I imagined that this expansion would have contained miniatures too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer concerning choice of no new miniatures is very easy:
it's just a question of reasonnable price !
I don't know exactly what will be the price of the game (it will be availble soon in europe), but i just know that the quotation with 7 new miniatures leaded to a un acceptable price for "just" an expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, added miniatures would have risen the game to a status of more than a "simple expansion", so a higher prices would have been justified

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
masdero wrote:
well, added miniatures would have risen the game to a status of more than a "simple expansion", so a higher prices would have been justified

I disagree. Adding miniatures does not increase what the expansion offers. Nothing would be contributed except more chrome with no new mechanics.

While it would have been nice to have individual figures for each and every knight, I'd rather not have the wasted plastic and increased costs. In this manner, it gives DOW incentive to produce a new "expansion" a la "A Company of Knights" for those wanting to add this minis. You could call it "Merlin's Company of Knights."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Le Bars
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official price in France : 25€

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
masdero wrote:

I disagree. Adding miniatures does not increase what the expansion offers. Nothing would be contributed except more chrome with no new mechanics.

While it would have been nice to have individual figures for each and every knight, I'd rather not have the wasted plastic and increased costs. In this manner, it gives DOW incentive to produce a new "expansion" a la "A Company of Knights" for those wanting to add this minis. You could call it "Merlin's Company of Knights."

I know we could play this SoC with simple .5mm cubes, because miniatures aren't a fundamental part of a game.

But the appeal of this game is also based on miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But why would you need more than 8 miniatures when only 8 people can play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.