Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I'm looking to get 5 or 6 different ships to use as markers etc in other games. Lots of folks have been doing that around here lately, seemed like a good idea.

I've never seen the product in person, so will have to about hunting it down when I go to New York on vacation. I understand there are booster packs, starter sets, etc. I'm just looking for plain old piratey ships, I've no need for subs, monsters, and all the other weird stuff that seems to be available.

So, what's the best way to go about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steven

If you are thinking of using them for Blackbeard (as I did). I found that the Pirates of the Caribbean sets worked well. I found them here locally and the price was quite reasonable. Plus, all the ships are either Pirates or British, so it worked for Blackbeard nicely. Out of five packs that I bought, I got ten ships - not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently Pirates of the Caribbean the movie is on sale at alot of places. Something like 2$ a pack or cheaper, however the newer set Fire and Steel is easy to find. If you want just ships, I would suggest either a value box or boosters. A value box and 1 or 2 boosters should give you want. You should get em for under 10$, these are little more pricey but if you can't find them, you could go http://www.ccgarmory.com/piofcapo.html

Likewise, monsters mainly come in Oceans Edge, Davy jones etc. Fire and Steel has new types of ships and floatilla's. Most hobby/comic places carry multiple sets dating back to Pirates of Revolution etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Ebay you probably could get whole collections cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind.

What's the difference between the Value Pack and the Tin?

http://www.ccgarmory.com/piofcapomova.html
http://www.ccgarmory.com/piofcapomoti.html

"each with a combination of six ships and/or krakens, three whirlpool/island cards, three crew/treasure cards, game rules, one die & one pre-assembled Special Edition"

They both have the same description, but the value pack is $7.25 while the tin is $9.99. Just outer packaging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is the description for the value packs. the tins are 10 ships/krakens, 3 terrains, 5 or more crew/treasure, 2 dice, and rules. basically you get just a little bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben. The tin sounds perfect, and the price is good too. Too bad shipping is about $25. shake

So I'll definitely have to stop in personally and see what's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.