Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question from you El Grandeophiles.

Portugal has a place for a scorebaord, but is not on the secret discs or scoring. Does this count as a region or is it in the expansions? I'ev had a couple of quick flicks through the rules but can't seem to find any mention? We are currently using it for exiles (couldn't think of a nicer place!)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
El Grande is set in Spain. Portugal is a separate country, so it does not owe allegiance to the Spanish King (the big guy who wanders around the board freezing the region he's in).

I can't speak about the expansions. I've got them but never played them, and blush I'm too lazy to go find the box and root through all the variant rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's played in the expansions. Specifically, Grandissimo. They (most likely) didn't print the score on there so you wouldn't go there during the basic game or other expansions that do not use Portugal. There is a third "mobile" score board just for Portugal - I think it 5-0-0 - which does not move but can be covered up with the real mobile scoreboards. Since it is not on the disc, you cannot send Caballeros there from that means. however, they can be placed there if the King as adjacent to Portugal or from the ship (another expansion concept). The King can also go to Portugal...on official state visits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.