designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+50 Event: Caesar's Triumphal March
+20 4 previous events
+26 All Nobles in the arena
+20 5 star performers in this event
+12 4 podiums
+48 16 emperor medal (8 from 2 dice in 4 rounds + 8 special tokens)

Theoretically, 176 is the most spectators in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
silvanus321 wrote:
+50 Event: Caesar's Triumphal March
+20 4 previous events
+26 All Nobles in the arena
+20 5 star performers in this event
+12 4 podiums
+48 16 emperor medal (8 from 2 dice in 4 rounds + 8 special tokens)

Theoretically, 176 is the most spectators in a game.

You didn't include season tickets, so add 25 more!

And I think you could theoretically get all 10 emperor medals from the dice, because you could expand your arena on top of one of the colored spaces and move two of them there in the final turn, so add 6 more!

I'm not sure if all of this even works in theory, though.

Could you even get enough money to buy enough tokens during the game to have 5 star performers and 8 medals from tokens? That's 20 tokens--15 for the star performers, minus 3 tokens you start with [and let's just assume they match], leaving 12, plus 8 for the special tokens. You could only get 15 of them during all the auctions. I suppose you could buy them for 1 coin during trading.

Then, you have to account for the double-investments you'd have to make in Phase 1. And, you couldn't get all the season tickets if you were also to get the loge. Seems like you'd buy the loge the first turn, so only add 20 for season tickets I guess. But, then you wouldn't have enough actions to do a new event every turn, so make it just 15. It'd have to go like this:

Turn 1: Loge
Turn 2: Season Ticket and Expansion
Turn 3: Season Ticket and New Event
Turn 4: Season Ticket and New Event
Turn 5: Expansion and New Event

So, now you'd not only have your 20 tokens from before, but also the need for 4 double-action tokens. That's 9 coins you have to pay out in addition to buying all this other stuff. Seems unlikely this part could work out, even under the best manufactured circumstances. Then, there are a whole bunch of other problems that are sure to crop up.

How are you going to manage to get all of the nobles in your arena during the last round and still get all 8 emperor medals in the previous rounds? I don't remember, but do other players have to put on an event to move the nobles? If so, even if they did the worst they possibly could, this could interfere with your getting the 4 requisite podiums.

And, if you got 4 podiums, you'd be stolen from (it's required, I think) 4 times, adding 4 to the total number of tokens you'd need to obtain. I suppose you could resort to other trickeries like paying 1 coin for all of an opponent's tokens every turn to take care of the ever-increasing need for tokens. That seems feasible enough to solve this issue once and for all.

I have an inkling that some of this stuff may simply not be possible given the various interactions of the game, even though it "all adds up" as they say. It would be very interesting to figure out exactly how the game would have to go to maximize your final score and see what the theoretical maximum really is given all of the game's mechanisms. I bet some major trade-offs would need to be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right.
I forgot to calculate the second investment.
To use the 4 special tokens for second investment of season tickets can increase 8 people more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.