Subject: Hmmm.. dice games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eko Putranto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mb
I think it is morally wrong to speak Indonesian in english-spoken forum, but hey who am I to judge..

Guys/Gal(s) Selain kingsburg, Game2 yang menggunakan dice sebagai main mechanicnya apa lagi yah ??? Ra the dice games looks very tempting.. Inget... light games only pls... It is not I despise long and complicated games.. but.. they are just so long and complicated arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morally wrong? Not at all! Unless that comment in Indonesian was about......NEVER MIND!!!! blush

To be honest, it just means fewer people can answer your query.

You seem to be looking for light dice games. Here are 2 excellent ones:
Can't Stop
Yspahan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bayu
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Eko salam kenal,

I agree, Yspahan is one of my favorite dice games and it's considered a light game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hindman
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself, I've always been fond of Stack. The mechanics are not the hardest to understand, and as long as everyone has their own colored set of dice, the game can be expanded to include almost any number of players. Although, it does seem to bog down with more than eight people. If you can get your hands on a copy of the rules, the nice thing is that there are no specialty dice need to play. I've found the balance of luck, dexterity, and pure sneakiness to make the game welcoming to players of every level. In my college days, I also found it to be wildly adaptable to all sorts of house rules involving consumption of alcohol.
Happy Gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eko Putranto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, I will try that I agree Yspahan is a lightweight and fun game, but we found it lacks Take that factor, maybe we are missing something, but well cheers and thank you guys... I will check out stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out To Court the King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Atmaja
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious with Airships by Andreas Seyfarth
the components look top notch (Queen)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Wejayana
Indonesia
East Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbayu2 wrote:
Hello Eko salam kenal,

I agree, Yspahan is one of my favorite dice games and it's considered a light game.

Me too, me too, easy , light game and all family can enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Januar
Indonesia
JAKARTA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heiiii Field Marshall, you already know him, he use to play at SatU too, id I'm not mistaken last week, Eko is there too...

Yea I agree Can't stop is really a dice games, I think Kingsburg also can be added, if Yspahan added.

Don't forget about Manilla too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Atmaja
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
up till now, my choice for top dice games goes to kingsburg & yspahan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eko Putranto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mb
Yep so far I am eyeing on:

- Kingsburg
- Airships
- To court the king

Don't you just love dice rattling sound ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hindman
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm. Seems I misunderstood what you were looking for when you said 'dice games'. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you are looking for games that use dice as a primary mechanic. I suggested Stack since it is a game that uses only standard six sided dice (no special cards, boards, etc) and is easy for new players to just jump into. I have also found that due to the simplicity of the equipment, that I'm not afraid to throw it in my cluttered backpack, take it to the park, or camping, or just about anywhere that would make a fairly expensive import game cringe. Still, if this isn't quite what you're looking for, maybe you could just keep it in mind as a potential gift for non-gaming friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't posted a review yet, but Airships is a lot of fun. It uses various colors of dice with a bunch of resources that boost your rolls in various ways to achieve your goals. The card-stacking for game timing is an interesting twist, too, albeit one that I've seen used before.

Even though the price jumped $10 in the month that passed between the time I ordered it and the time I received it (thank you, dollar-to-Euro exchange rate), I still consider it a good buy. But then, check out my user name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.