Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Here's what I'm already in the process of ordering:

Power Grid
Faerie Tale
Tigris and Euphrates
Robo Rally

I already own a lot of card based games, so I prefer games with nice boards and 3D components at this point.

I can throw a game for two or three players on the table at any time but often have the opportunity to play with more. Scalable games are particularly valuable to me.

I have a lot of favorites but particularly like Arkham Horror, Attika, St. Petersburg, Jambo, and Ra.

So if I were to add one more game to flesh out this order, what would it be? o_o I'm at your mercy.

Edit: The recommendations so far are great! I'll emphasize that I'm trying to diversify my collection and don't mind going out on a limb to try something really new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kaiser
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good list of games (Power Grid is incredible)!
Would Last Night on Earth suit your tastes? Beautiful components and a pretty fun game. It also allows for a delicious pun around "fleshing out" you order that I am to lazy to complete.
Another possibility is Shadows over Camelot. I haven't played with a diverse number of players, but I hear it scales well and offers co-op goodness a la AH.
Although it is a card game, I am a big fan of Pit, Bohnanza and For Sale. They tend to work well with different sized crowds and are affordable.
Good luck with the decision making and enjoy your games.
-Abis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding Last Night On Earth and adding Pandemic which is a great co-op game on its own.

Also try Taluva which is a nice game to show that 3D effect and a great game on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manoeuvre would fit the bill if you play the Big Manoeuvre variant when you've got four players. Two player is excellent--read the non-grognard reviews. Grognards tend to get fussy because it doesn't include details like the effects of shoelace tightening and passing duck migrations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Manoeuvre would fit the bill if you play the Big Manoeuvre variant when you've got four players. Two player is excellent--read the non-grognard reviews. Grognards tend to get fussy because it doesn't include details like the effects of shoelace tightening and passing duck migrations.

I don't know what you're quibbling about! All the downdraft from those duck wings could conceivably upset the aim or at least the physics and gravitational dynamics of the cannons being fired. Not to mention the inclusion of the possibility that the duck Migrations were occurring in China 6 months before the battle in Europe and that created just the right atmospheric conditions for that unseasonal weather that created terrible fighting conditions which allowed the Russians to beat Napoleon... I mean, REALLY.

And too-tight shoelaces can have a negative and very real impact on an army as it marches to battle. I mean, come on, if you were Joshua Chamberlain in the 20th Maine and your shoelaces were too tight, you might not have been able to make it through that forced march to Little Round Top in time to repulse those Rebs (no offense to any current Rebs). And let's not even discuss the potential impact of tight sandal laces on the famed 300. How could you even think of Persia's untold Hordes if your dogs are barking?

As for your list, I just bought Power Grid for myself. I also really like Race for the Galaxy . Some say it's like San Juan which you already own, but it might be worth researching! And I have to second Bohnanza. And I'm really enjoying Elemental Rift and Infernal Contraption

MJ

PS-Chamberlain probably wore boots without laces, didn't he? There's gotta be a Civil War historian around here someplace...

PPS-The weather conditions that defeated Napoleon probably weren't all that unseasonal for Russia in winter, were they?

Oh well, at least I still have my 300 argument...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna have to agree with Infernal Contraption. Don't forget to grab Infernal Contraption 2: Sabotage! while you're there. It's an inexpensive supplement that adds a new type of interaction to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shadows Over Camelot suggestion is not a bad one if you like AH. But really, it's a card game that happens to play on a typically lovely Days of Wonder board and comes with cool little minis. Not sure if that affects your decision at all. Also, it scales well up to a point. At 3 players, you shouldn't use a traitor or that person will just win. At 6 or 7, you should do something to make it harder on the loyal knights or it's almost impossible for them to lose, IMHO. (The squires variant, described in the rules, is probably the easiest.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For variety:

Samurai - great bits
Lord of the Rings - cooperative
Descent: Journeys in the Dark
1960: The Making of the President
Formula De
Hey! That's My Fish!
Hive
To Court the King
Tikal
Primordial Soup
Evo
Byzantium
War of the Ring
Reef Encounter
Go
Game of Thrones
Yinsh
Guillotine
Nexus Ops
Himalaya
Cartagena
Fearsome Floors
Tsuro
Wizard Kings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree with Infernal Contraption. Don't forget to grab Infernal Contraption 2: Sabotage! while you're there. It's an inexpensive supplement that adds a new type of interaction to the game.

It really, IMHO, ratchets up the screw-you factor of Infernal's base game. However, my friend and I think the game is so hilarious to play that the screw-you factor really gets lost in the, er, well in the shuffle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taj Mahal
High Society
Louis XIV
Notre Dame thumbsup
Can't Stop
Palazzo
Crocodile Pool Party gulp
Keythedral
Vendetta
Canaletto
Gossip Factory
Web of Power
Hare and Tortoise
Goa thumbsup
Amun-Re
Medici
Caylus Magna Carta (go for the real thing, Caylus) thumbsup
Taluva
Yspahan thumbsup
Leonardo da Vinci
Augsburg 1520
Masons
Mykerinos thumbsup
Hacienda
Anno Domini - Kirche & Staat
Gone Fishing!
Oltremare - Merchants of Venice
Jotto
Take Off
Maharaja: Palace Building in India

That's just your Personalized Recommendation list.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/DancingMoogle/recommendati...

I've highlighted the generally well liked ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Some very good and different games from what you currently have:

Railroad Tycoon
Race for the Galaxy
Settlers of Catan, The
Blue Moon City
Blokus
Bohnanza
Wits & Wagers
PitchCar
Crokinole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigrdrifa wrote:
PhilReed wrote:

It really, IMHO, ratchets up the screw-you factor of Infernal's base game. However, my friend and I think the game is so hilarious to play that the screw-you factor really gets lost in the, er, well in the shuffle...

It definitely helps with "screw your buddy" play. I found the game so much fun that I ended up buying two copies of the base (and two copies of the expansion) and shuffling everything together. Now we can play eight-player games (and they're chaotic and nasty).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Miles
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody! I placed the order this morning and included Infernal Contraption.

I'm getting Pandemic and Race For The Galaxy too, but they weren't immediately available.

Lots of great ideas. As always, my Wishlist expands too quickly for its own good.

Thanks, thanks, thanks! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of those I'll second as being solid choices:
Goa
Taj Mahal
Notre Dame

For heavier fare, I'll suggest El Grande. I've only played once, and I was totally brain-burnt after, but I loved it.

For something totally different, I've also been enjoying Galaxy Trucker.

And hopefully Race for the Galaxy and Pandemic come in soon for you: both are outstanding games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.