Dan Reger
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've been to - I don't know, 5 of the last 8 Microsoft TechEd conferences, and I'm going gain this year. I think there are now over 10,000 attendees at these.

Given there's some overlap between tech geeks and boardgamegeeks - or at least I suspect there is - I thought about posting to gauge interest in some evening gaming.

I figure people will be busy at sessions during the day, and eating expense account dinners in the early evening, but since there are a limited number of conference hotels, shuttes between them, and some free time in the evenings, why not meet a few fellow gamers and get in a few games?

So where might be the appropriate place to post such a question that would be visible enough that people could see it/find it, but not inappropriately placed?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Urban
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which TechEd? Aren't there two now? The one for the developers and the one for the IT folk? I don't know too much about them as I'm not the primary guy going but I thought I heard that. And heck if there's gaming then maybe I do need to go!

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ross
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. I am going to the IT session (the second week, I think). Which one are you going to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reger
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's right - the first week is "developer" and the second week is "IT Pro" or something like that.

I will be there Sunday, June 8 through the evening of Friday, June 13th for the "IT Pro" week. I think most people fly in on Monday and out on Friday, though. And there's always a big even on Thursday. But at the very least Tuesday and Wednesday evenings might be available - maybe more.

But where is the best place to post this here on BGG for proper visibility, without violating any forum guidelines? (I rarely post, and when do it's generally in a game forum about a specific game, so I don't know the best place to put something like this.)

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reger
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Forums > Gaming Related > Conventions.

Maybe not ideal, I'm still open to other suggestions. Otherwise, I'll post there in a day or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali S
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanced across this thread a couple of years later, but as TechEd's around the corner I thought I'd post to see if any of you folk are going to TechEd in New Orleans this year (week of 6/6); hoping to find some gamers there to game away the evening hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.