Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've had a thought (this happens occasionally, but it usually passes). I think it's a good thought, but then I think that about all my thoughts - even the ones which involve large quantities of alcohol or explosives (or both). Anyway, the whole thought centers around one key idea, I may own games that some people would like to play.

I am attending the games expo at the end of the month and I will be bringing some games with me. I figure I should make the most of this great opportunity to meet some of my fellow gaming (and in particular, BGG) compatriates. So, here's the idea: take a look at my game collection (101 games and counting, depending on how many I can sneak past my S.O. beforehand); tell me what you'd like to play; and, I'll bring it to the games expo. Once there, we can sit down, perhaps imbibe some fermented cereal products, and get to know each other in the spirit of gaming.

I will be in the Menzies Strathallen hotel (where the gaming areas are located) on both Friday night (from about 8) and Saturday night (from whenever). So, if you fancy getting vicious with Vinci, nasty with Nexus Ops or just making aquantinces over Agricola (German edition only, sorry) why not take a look at my games collection and see if there is anything you've been dying to play (not literally, I hope).

All games are equal, but some are more equal than others, so I will give preference to suggested games based on the following criteria (in order of importance):
1) My rating (I recently re-rated every game I own just for this thread, you have my permission to feel honoured)
2) Portability (I like Ca$h 'n Gun$ but I don't want to have to explain it to Swiss customs)
3) Number of players (the more the merrier)

So, give me a shout and we can hook up at the Game Expo and become life long buddies. Or wind up emailing each other about once a year. Whatever.

Regards,
Gareth
P.S. Don't worry, I'm far more strange in real life.
P.P.S. I'm going out on a limb here and I fully expect this to fail with no responses - it's up to you to prove me wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Hi, Gareth, I'm arriving at the Quality Hotel (across the street from the Strathallen) at noon on Friday and will be looking to play as much as possible over the weekend, including the new games that will debut at the Expo: Tinners' Trail, Confucius, and all the rest.

I've talked with a few designers about trying out prototypes, such as Ascendancy, which will be available during the show, so that gives even more options. I don't have specific requests and will be carrying a few games myself (including Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live and Dominion), so I'm sure we'll have plenty on hand from which to choose. Look forward to meeting you then!

Eric
Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric

Like you and Gareth , I'll be attending all weekend and I'm very interested in trying out some of the new games. Hopefully we can meet up to try out a game of Dominion, which I've heard good things about.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Not only did I attract two responses, but one of them is from a genuine boardgaming celebrity. I am grateful to you both for taking the time to respond to my humble thread.

Hmmm, part of my original reason for posting was to push the decision of which games to bring onto other people. I'm terrible and usually wind up bringing far too many games "just in case". Oh, well, guess I'll just buy a bigger suitcase.

I'd definitely be interested in trying Dominion, it sounds interesting. Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live has fascinated me for a while and I'm interested to see the mayhem which could result. By coincidence, I'm looking forward to playing Ascendancy too, and have arranged to meet Nigel, the designer, for a game on the Saturday with a couple of friends. We have a spare seat if you are interested.

Gareth

P.S. Since I don't know which games I'll be carrying, you will be able to identify me as the tubby Scottish guy wearing a "Swiss Military" hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.