Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Cheung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pretty extreme edge case ...

What if there is just enough cards to fill the card display (so no cards are left on the pile), but one of the cards in the display is the "draw another civ card and use the bottom bonus" - what happens if you pay for that card? The pile is empty, so there isn't anything to draw, but the game isn't over, because there were enough cards to fill the display.

Or is this an translation/understanding issue - does the game end if civ card draw pile is empty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't play a round if there are not enough cards to fill the display. The game ends immediately at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I don't think the game is over. I suppose that ability would be simply waived then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a definitive answer...

This actually happened in the game I played today. On the next to last turn, all 4 civ cards were bought. There were only 4 cards left in the draw pile. Enough to fill the display, but no cards left in the draw pile. One of the cards was the 'draw an extra civ card' card. (ick, that sounds funny in my head). The display was full, so we played another turn. We just assumed that card did nothing and the only reason to get it was for the end of game scoring bottom part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
Not a definitive answer...

This actually happened in the game I played today. On the next to last turn, all 4 civ cards were bought. There were only 4 cards left in the draw pile. Enough to fill the display, but no cards left in the draw pile. One of the cards was the 'draw an extra civ card' card. (ick, that sounds funny in my head). The display was full, so we played another turn. We just assumed that card did nothing and the only reason to get it was for the end of game scoring bottom part.

According to the rulebook, that would be the correct way to play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Cheung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a reply from Jay a Rio Grande (wow - quick turnaround!):

Quote:
They player does not draw a card - perhaps he does not want to buy it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.