Battue: Storm of the Horse Lords» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Knowles
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Is solo play possible and if so any ideas?

Thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the games you asked about this may be the game that would play best solo but its really not meant for it. You could build an army and attack the different city districts but I don't think it would be much fun without the threat of someone stealing your more valuable city districts. Maybe with some sort of varients like rolling 2 defense die and not being able to call for reinforcements you could make a solo game of it.

The only game I play solo right now is Magic Realm. I have been meaning to try Zombie in my Pocket which is a solo game and I used to play Star Wars: Battle for Endor a while back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
How are you doin',man? I just wanted to tell you that you do an excellent job at video reviews.You have personally been responsible for my purchases of Battue,Age of Gods,Prince of Chaos,and unbelievably Zooloretto.I'm pretty much a wargamer as opposed to a euro gamer.Probably 'cause of my age.Oh yeah,also Mission-Red Planet.Anyway,man,please don't stop.Also I'm sorry to all the guys and gals that thought this was going to be about the solo play.I'm kinda new and dont know how to reply personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Roger. Always good to hear someone is watching.

To send a private message (called geekmail or GM around these parts) just click the envelope icon under someone's username.

Back to the solo games. If you like wargames then Duel in the Dark has a solo variant that has gotten good reviews. I haven't tried it yet myself. Also I forgot to point out this geeklist that has a ton of solo games most of which are wargames.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/11710/page/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanx,much.I'll check it out(the list).Also,thanx for the info.

Later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.