Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably because of my poor english, but I would like to ask clarification on the sentences from RtL rulebook regarding OL cards in Lt encounter.

Quote:
Second, the overlord gains access to a small number of cards in
an encounter when a lieutenant is involved...In addition, if the
overlord has any treachery, he may spend it on a hand of cards.
Each card added to his hand in this way costs its normal
treachery cost. Additionally, two cards without a treachery cost
can be added to his hand for one treachery of the correct type

(although Power cards can’t be added to his hand at all).

The I cannot interpret bolded part correctly. Does it mean, that you add 2 monster cards, 2 event cards and 2 trap cards (for one treachery of the correct type)?

Or does it mean, that for every treachery you have spent, you can add two cards with same type as spent treachery? E.g. If you have spent 2 monster treacheries and 1 trap treacheries, you can add then 4 base deck monster spawn cards and 2 based deck trap card?

And if this second interpretation is correct, does it mean you can start battle with more than max hand size (9 in the example), which you must drop immediately, but getting threat for it?

Edit: and if there is a chance, do you think can someone check my latest response in this thread and give opinion: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/312840 (I just cannot bump the topic)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It's very simple: you may buy normal cards as if they costed half of a Treachery Point (of their type - Monster, Event or Trap) each (e.g. with 1 Violet Treachery you can buy a Crushing Block AND a Pit Trap from the base deck, instead of a single Treachery card of the proper type).

Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to support and clarify ...

- what the rule is trying to say is that you can buy basic, non-treachery cards from the base deck as if they had a treachery cost. Since they aren't colour-coded, you have to look at the type of card on the description.

Red treachery = Monster cards from base deck
Violet treachery = Trap cards from base deck
Green treachery = Event cards from base deck

The cost is half a treachery point per card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good strategy is to never spend your treachery on a treachery card that is also found in the original deck. Instead, use the original deck version and choose a 2nd card from the original deck, preferably one with a high discard threat point value so you can get free threat from it.

I do this often with Trap treachery and Dark Charm. I spend my 1 trap treachery to use 2 cards from the original deck, 1 Dark Charm and whatever else is appropriate, or whatever trap card has the highest discard threat value!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the explanation. It is a bit worrying though, that I misinterpreted the rule that much:((

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is any consolation, there are some people, here on the 'geek, who will still get caught out on some of the basics about Descent - sometimes after putting themselves forward as having played it all to death, knowing it all backwards and forwards, etc.

You, on the other hand, got caught out on a little niggly detail of an obscure rule for handling extra cards in a specific situation when you have lieutenants and treachery involved while using the Road to Legend expansion.

I really wouldn't worry about it!

Remember -- the fact that you were willing to doubt yourself, seek other people's advice, and accept guidance puts you head and shoulders above a lot of gamers. Any silly mistakes you make will be fixed just *that* much faster with an attitude like that, and your fellow players won't mind because they know you're always open to making sure that what you're doing is, indeed, the correct method.

Heck, given that sort of situation, you can wipe out my entire party, find out later it was all due to a rules mis-interpretation, and we'll all just shrug it off and have a laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehhe, thanks Wolff, you are nice guy (I will ask even more :))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.