Hide
5 Posts

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Rebellion and Revolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Adams
msg tools
If you lose two or more white actions due to rebellion, does this prevent you from using your remaining actions for a revolution? The rules suggest that revolution is OK so long as you take no civil actions, but it also says you must have all your white tokens on your old government.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression (with nothing to back it up) is that the intention is that Revolution takes your whole civil turn. However many tokens that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Michalski
Belgium
Namur
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Please clarify what you mean by rebellion. I thought rebellion was the situation where there are not enough idle workers to fill the missing unhappy faces spots. If in rebellion situation, you do not loose white actions, you "just" may not carry out your production phase.

Kind regards,

Jean John Michalski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebellion is an Event in Age I. It causes players to "lose civil actions". The question is, when you lose civil actions due to Rebellion, does that mean that those actions are considered "used" (in which case you can't meet the requirement for a revolution, that all of your civil actions are unused), or does it mean that those actions are temporarily removed from your mat altogether (in which case you can still meet the requirement that all of your civil actions are unused, even if you have zero!).

The text of the requirement for a Revolution is that "all of your civil actions must be on your government card". So it seems to me that, however you look at it, this doesn't apply when you have suffered the effects of Rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DDJ seems right, but with this game you never know until you get an official answer.

OTOH, What John Michalski says is called 'Uprising'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.