7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I can't come op with the name of a game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

A few times already I am looking up all sort of old games trying to find the game I once played. But I can't find it nor even get my mind straight to remember the name.

It was a game about ships (pirates, nations in a pirate-era).

We played it with 6 people I thought. We all had a reference card with all the info in front of us. It stated all the stats of my ships and all. When it was my turn I could choose an opponnent and shoot at him following my reference card.

That's all I remember, and the fact that is was cool, nice and fun. I guess its from Avalon Hill but I seriously can't remember.

I played this game around 1997 or 1998. But even then it was already an old game I thought.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be Enemy in Sight, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
The year isn't right, but maybe it's Pirate's Cove?

Another option might be Spanish Main.

Do you remember anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Could it be Enemy in Sight, perhaps?

WOW, I think it is. Great work Bearcat89, you deserve some credit for pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
The year isn't right, but maybe it's Pirate's Cove?

Another option might be Spanish Main.

Do you remember anything else?

I really think it is Enemy in Sight. The year could be right. Because it was already old in 1997 (originally its from 1988). Its not Pirates Cove, that one I know. It also isnt Spanish Main.

The thing I remember is that you dont have a playing map. All players have something in front of them that he uses. And its an old game. And I just saw that Enemy in Sight is reprinted, maybe I can get a hold of one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're thinking of Lord of the Rings: Pirates, clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
You're thinking of Lord of the Rings: Pirates, clearly.

LOL, no I really think its Enemy in Sight. I will check this with my brother as he may be able to remember something too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.