Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Card is begins:

Arkham Encounters:Exhast and spend 2 movement points to...

To which I ask, huh?

How are we spending movement points in the Arkham Encounters phase?
Aren't those confined to the Movement phase?

Replies that suggest that one "just go with it" miss the fragile nature of space-time in Arkham.

Thanks,

Lance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What card are you referencing? There are quite a few Encounter cards and it is difficult to know what else might be on the card based on these words alone. If you can give us more info, we might be able to get it sorted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb Adams
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is De Vermiis Mysteriis--a Tome as I recall. I'll check it when I get home unless Coltsfan76 there beats me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My bad! I was focused on an Arkham Encounter card not an item card.

Though I don't see anything official on it, it must be a typo. You do not have movement points available during the Arkham Encounter phase. Nor do you have any movement points when you start in the Other World and move back to Arkham during the movement phase.

So the only time this card can be used is when you are in Arkham to begin the phase and have at least 2 points of movement available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is weird since many items and tomes mention the Movement phase specifically and have a movement cost...

So I would simply guess that you must use this during the Movement phase.

Even if not, I see no reason why you would have to be IN Arkham since the phase happens for everyone (it is just normally without effect if you are not in Arkham).

Thanks,

Lance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
lancemoody wrote:
Even if not, I see no reason why you would have to be IN Arkham since the phase happens for everyone (it is just normally without effect if you are not in Arkham).

Because according to the rules, you do not get movement points in Other Worlds.

You simply move from the first spot to the second spot, or from the second spot to Arkham. If you do not get movement points, you cannot spend them. Therefore, Tomes, nor any other items that use movement points, can not be used when you are in an Other World or returning from one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I see.

So would you think this is actually a Movement phase card since you also don't get movement points during Arkham encounters?

Or are you suggesting you somehow save over some movement points for the Arkham Encounters phase--this is what disturbs me and keeps me awake at night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think it is a typo and should say "Movement" not "Arkham Encounters." I don't know of anything that let's you carry over movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. We got this one and noticed the problem, but we resolved it as though the player had to use it as his arkham encounter.

That would be a unique card I think though so probably makes more sense to treat it as a movement phase ability requiring the movement points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.