Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I understand that incorporating "Grave Dead" zombies into the mix is considered a 3 point favor to the zombies. Does this assume that your total pool of zombies on the board can never be more then 14?

That would make sense to me but I wanted to be sure I was playing that correctly.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob:

I don't have the rules in front of me, but as far as I recall, the answer to your question is yes. Specifically, you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board, and I -think- the Grave Dead count as 2 Zombies each for this purpose (I know they do for spawning, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

The Grave Dead form their own pool of 7 Red Zombies and are totally separate from the normal Zombie Pool of 14 (Green and Brown). If you look at the bottom left on pg 5 of the Growing Hunger book, it reads:

"Scenarios that already use the Red Zombies may not use the Grave Dead Scenario Special Rule (such as the Plague Carriers Scenario)."

So if you have Zombie Horde (21), you could not also use Grave Dead.

Also, just to clarify, the Scenario Special Rules that are part of an existing scenario do NOT count toward the Points System. If you are adding extra rules using the points system, each player should add an equal number of points worth of new rules, regardless of rules that are already in place for that Scenario.

Does that answer your question?

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Bob:

I don't have the rules in front of me, but as far as I recall, the answer to your question is yes. Specifically, you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board, and I -think- the Grave Dead count as 2 Zombies each for this purpose (I know they do for spawning, anyway).

Sorry, didn't see your response before posting.

To clarify further, when using Grave Dead, you CAN have more than your 14 on the board at one time (because they are from different Pools - The Zombie Pool has 14 models and the Grave Dead Pool has 7 models).

On the actual board, all Zombies only count as a single model ( for rolling to Spawn etc.) Just count up the number of actual models (be they normal, Grave Dead, Zombie Heroes etc).

Remember that Grave Dead models are one use only, and when killed are removed from the game.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
That makes sense Jason. I am only confused that adding
grave dead is considered a 3 point advantage
even though you can potentially go over 14 zombies but adding
zombie horde is considered a 4 point advantage.

Is that perhaps in the case of zombie horde you are rolling 3 dice to determine whether new zombies are added, hence it is easier to go beyond
14 zombies on the board at any given time?

Thanks.

Again love the expansion!

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Zombie Hoard all killed Zombies go back in the Pool and can enter the game again. Grave Dead are one shot then out of the game entirely...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maple
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jchill7 wrote:
On the actual board, all Zombies only count as a single model ( for rolling to Spawn etc.) Just count up the number of actual models (be they normal, Grave Dead, Zombie Heroes etc).

Ah... we have been ignoring Grave Dead, when counting zombies to see if you spawn more. That does make it much easier to get more than 14 on the board even rolling just 2d6.

I think I got the rule mixed up with the one for Plague Carriers, I am correct in thinking you DO NOT count them, when rolling for spawning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.