Subject: Some basic rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luis carrera
Mexico
Mexico City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a zombie wounds a character is the fight resolved or does it carry on till the zombie is killed or fend off?

Is there a limit to event cards for the hero players hands? Also it doesnt matter if the event was picked up by X and used in Y's turn right?

How about item abilities? Are those transferable?

For the zombie player... In the first turn you roll to spawn zombies and place them at the end of the turn? So in the first turn you effectively have no zombies? or do you roll, place zombies, roll to spawn like a normal turn and place zombies at the end of the first turn so effectively in the first turn you place zombies 2 times?

If there are two zombie players can you play your zombie cards in fights of your fellow zombie player? The same question for the hero players, can a hero play an event in a fight the other player is having?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casper82 wrote:
After a zombie wounds a character is the fight resolved or does it carry on till the zombie is killed or fend off?

The fight is over.

Quote:
Is there a limit to event cards for the hero players hands? Also it doesnt matter if the event was picked up by X and used in Y's turn right?

Not to my knowledge. Correct; however, MOST Event Cards give you a specific time to play them (i.e. Start of Turn (before any Heroes go).)

Quote:
How about item abilities? Are those transferable?

Not sure what you mean. If Johnny has the Baseball Bat, Jenny can't use it.

Quote:
For the zombie player... In the first turn you roll to spawn zombies and place them at the end of the turn? So in the first turn you effectively have no zombies? or do you roll, place zombies, roll to spawn like a normal turn and place zombies at the end of the first turn so effectively in the first turn you place zombies 2 times?

You place twice.

Quote:
If there are two zombie players can you play your zombie cards in fights of your fellow zombie player? The same question for the hero players, can a hero play an event in a fight the other player is having?

Not sure on this on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Casper82 wrote:

The fight is over.
To expand on that a little more, if the current situation (dice roll) would result in a hero getting a wound and the hero has a way of preventing the wound (card or item) they can play cards and/or use items as much as they want until the fight swings in their favor. Then the zombie can respond, etc. The fight is only "resolved" after both sides are done playing cards, using items, etc. And a fight can only end one way or the other - the zombie can't give a wound AND be fended off.

Titeman wrote:
Casper82 wrote:

Not sure on this on...
Unless it says otherwise, I believe Event cards can be played at any time, including other players' turns/fights. Events aren't really tied to an individual hero the same way items are. I believe the same applies to zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Woods
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rule for playing a card on another players zombie is that you can only do it if the card doesn't say "your zombie(s)" on it. See the FAQ at the back of the LNoE rulebook page 22.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis carrera
Mexico
Mexico City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So you could say pretty much that every fight is just one attack; after 1 wound to either the zombie or the hero, or a fend off the fight is over right? Its just that the rulebook was clear on the fight being over when there is a fend off and when the zombie dies, but if the zombie wins it only said that the hero takes a wound, it didn't say about the end of the fight. Theme wise (which is just a tangential comment) I thought it made sense... Either you stop the zombie (push it to the ground or whateaver), or you kill it or it kills you; in my mind the zombie wouldn't stop attacking after just a bite... he wants MOAR! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Casper82 wrote:

In the set-up of the game, before the zombie player's first turn, starting zombies are placed on the spawn points (usually 2D6 worth).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis carrera
Mexico
Mexico City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh another came to mind. Though I don't think this may sound a bit stupid.

If there are 2 or more zombies fighting a hero, are there individual fights for each zombie? Or is there just a whole roll for all the zombies. (If 3 zombies are there, is it 2 dice vs 1 dice 3 times or 2 dice vs 3 dice one time?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casper82 wrote:
So you could say pretty much that every fight is just one attack; after 1 wound to either the zombie or the hero, or a fend off the fight is over right?
Right.

Casper82 wrote:
in my mind the zombie wouldn't stop attacking after just a bite... he wants MOAR!
He gets more, but it's on the next turn! At a certain point the turn needs to end, otherwise the zombies would probably have a big advantage.

Casper82 wrote:
If there are 2 or more zombies fighting a hero, are there individual fights for each zombie? Or is there just a whole roll for all the zombies. (If 3 zombies are there, is it 2 dice vs 1 dice 3 times or 2 dice vs 3 dice one time?)
Each fight is 1 on 1, so in your example it would be 2 dice vs. 1 die three times. This means with bad luck your hero could take 3 wounds (probably die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jander Sunstar
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Casper82 wrote:
Oh another came to mind. Though I don't think this may sound a bit stupid.

Each fight is rolled separately.
example:
Jenny is in a space with 2 zombies. Zombie 'A' attacks Jenny and rolls a 2. Jenny rolls her two dice and rolls 5 and 3. She fends off zombie 'A'. Zombie 'B' attacks and rolls a 6. Jenny rolls her two dice and rolls 1 and 4. Zombie 'B' deals a wound to Jenny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.