Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over on Heroscapers.com, mr Barclay (from WOTC) has promised that WOTC will be attending Gen Con this year, with Heroscape, and that there WILL BE a NEW promotional figure!
No news yet about what this new figure will be though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grrrrrrr, I hope it comes out of one of the two wave packs that the others did to save me having to buy another pack to do a repaint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh.....BOY! another figure i am not going to get, thank you Mr Jerk-me-around who thinks this is a good idea.yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo figure, huh. I'd be happy if just the regular figures (Wave 7 and/or Wave 8) would show up in a freakin' store. I ended up buying the Wave 7 Knights and Ashigaru off eBay at higher than list price back around Christmas. My son and I have bought every Wave since #1 thru half of Wave #7, but you know what, we're done. I've had it with Hasbro's, and now, their subsidiary WOTC's horrible distribution system. I've gone to every Toys 'R' Us, Walmart, and Target in a 30 mile radius and have found nothing but a couple of master sets and a few dusty Wave 5 Amazon packs. I have NEVER, EVER seen a Wave 7 pack in a store, and Wave 6 only once, which we promptly snapped up.

We are done with collecting this system. We have enough to play with now anyway, and we've given up on these idiots ever figuring out how to get their products stocked in our stores. I guess the maps at Hasbro/WOTC don't show Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on them, since these guys can't seem to find us. Losers! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news for those lucky enough to go there and get one. Just like with the previous ones, I'm afraid I'll have to do without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
I guess the maps at Hasbro/WOTC don't show Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on them, since these guys can't seem to find us. Losers! yuk

Check this link, Leo:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10038&...

Apparently somebody just bought wave 7 at Target in Pittsburgh a couple of days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
I guess the maps at Hasbro/WOTC don't show Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on them, since these guys can't seem to find us. Losers! yuk

Check this link, Leo:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10038&...

Apparently somebody just bought wave 7 at Target in Pittsburgh a couple of days ago.

George - that's actually kinda funny - I had no idea that Heroscapers actually had a "Wave 7 Sightings" forum! That says something right there. And that kid who bought that complete Wave 7 probably got the only one in the metro area! Damn kids!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Promo figure, huh. I'd be happy if just the regular figures (Wave 7 and/or Wave 8) would show up in a freakin' store. I ended up buying the Wave 7 Knights and Ashigaru off eBay at higher than list price back around Christmas. My son and I have bought every Wave since #1 thru half of Wave #7, but you know what, we're done. I've had it with Hasbro's, and now, their subsidiary WOTC's horrible distribution system. I've gone to every Toys 'R' Us, Walmart, and Target in a 30 mile radius and have found nothing but a couple of master sets and a few dusty Wave 5 Amazon packs. I have NEVER, EVER seen a Wave 7 pack in a store, and Wave 6 only once, which we promptly snapped up.

We are done with collecting this system. We have enough to play with now anyway, and we've given up on these idiots ever figuring out how to get their products stocked in our stores. I guess the maps at Hasbro/WOTC don't show Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on them, since these guys can't seem to find us. Losers! yuk

There are online retailers that sell for somewhat reasonable prices and have great stock. I just read today over on Heroscapers that they have a new sponsor War Gamer Headquarters. His prices are shockingly low. I don't order online usually but I am very tempted after reading the information. I will still wait until these start hitting my local stores but then if they don't show up I will order away.

I think the distribution is bad but not awful. There hasn't been new stuff on the shelves in a long time simply because no new stuff has come out since Gencon 2007, and there haven't been true regular releases since 2006, when we were seeing new product on a regular basis. 2007 only saw one regualr wave, an exclusive, Marvel, and a new Master Set. Sounds like a lot but that was a drought year for scapers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.