Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a great game. I have one suggestion. Using a type of counter card system similar to the one used in the Island of D series for days, weeks, and money. In ZIMP, these cards could be used for health, uses left, and what hour it is. The player would just turn the card so that the correct number would be on top. This would keep with the idea of being compact and keep the player from having to use paper and pencil or the play mat and counter. Some cards for the items would be nice too to keep track of what items the player has and remind them of what it does.

A backing graphic and description for the tiles would also be good so it's easier to separate the indoor and outdoor tiles. Plus it looks nicer. The Foyer and Patio tiles coulc just be the same on both sides since they are separated from play at the beginning anyways.

Just a suggestion. Could probably go great with the new revised graphics. A small addition to the new version of the game. A tuck box template for the cards and tiles would also be cool.

I wish I had the means myself to make some of these things.

-Legend

p.s. I think this is a great game that could be very marketable. I imagine it being sold in small packs/ boxes with the tiles, cards, a little rulebook, and one little plastic miniature or coin-like token to keep track of what room you are in. It could also easily be re-themed and tweaked to make a whole line of "in my pocket" adventure games. I could easily see Dungeon in my Pocket, maybe pirates in my pocket, or Aliens in my pocket. All keeping with the somewhat light-hearted flavor of the original to keep younger kids interested. A whole series of compact solitaire games. Anyways, just the way I see it. I hope you or other fans of the game do play around with re-theming and tweaking your games system so we can see more solo pocket games.

-Legend (again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the card counter is a great idea (and the "In My Pocket" series as well). I've been using dice to keep track of my health and attack power. I also move a die around from room to room to track my movement.

Good ideas though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a dice for health, and I know my attack value from playing it a lot. I use a mini to keep track of what room I am in.

I like the idea of marking the back to tell indoor and outdoor tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.