Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules at page 3 it is quoted:
"Limitation:
From the possibilities mentioned above, a player may only choose one for which he still has
enough building pieces (Temples, Towers or Huts) in his pool,....."

So it seems that it is not possible to make a move if you have no legal numbers of pieces to complete it... and so you have to do another move...

Does this apply also for the end of the game?

So the example is: I have still 4 small villages but in my position I cannot expand **excatly** 4 villages, but, let's say 5. May I close the game in any case? Or I just need to wait for the next turn? Maybe expanding only 2 villages and wait for the next turn?

This is pretty important because one more turn could means loosing the game!

Thanks,
emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we have been playing the game.

In general, I don't recall ever seen this situation during the end game where we were not able to play exactly all the huts left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
emaorny wrote:

So the example is: I have still 4 small villages but in my position I cannot expand **excatly** 4 villages, but, let's say 5. May I close the game in any case? Or I just need to wait for the next turn? Maybe expanding only 2 villages and wait for the next turn?

I firmly believe that limit applies at the end as well. If you have 4 huts and need to expand to 5 spots, you can't take that action.

This is a normal blocking tactic in my group. Gift a person with an extra hex of a land type so they can't win on their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
emaorny wrote:

I firmly believe that limit applies at the end as well. If you have 4 huts and need to expand to 5 spots, you can't take that action.

This is a normal blocking tactic in my group. Gift a person with an extra hex of a land type so they can't win on their turn.

Wow. I never even thought of that one. Thats a great idea. I havent had much experience with this one so far but it sure seems to have a lot of great opportunities to screw with your opponent's mojo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the designer, if you don't have enough huts to do the full expansion into that kind of terrain, then you can't do it, even to end the game. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1205048#1205048
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's one of the things you need to take into account as you're getting close to finishing. You need to plan where to place so you go out exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.