Subject: Collectible and affordable??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano Santuari
Italy
Trento
flag msg tools
mb
If this was a kind of "Magic" without rares and with max 1 card per deck, that would be a game I should buy!
The game looks great and the "idea" great too.
Especially because a player can (seems) have all the collection with few "buy and trade" and play with it at 100% because each deck can't have doubles.
I have some questions I didn't understand:

1) The total number of Corunea cards
2) The cards in the boosters are different from the starters or do they contain starters too?
3) The adventure cards? Do they count in the total of cards, are they in the boosters too, or are different cards?
4) Estimated cost for havin a "full collection"?
5) How much time will pass before a second edition with another totally different set of cards?

These questions because I'd really like this game to be a good collectible game but affordable. And usually I don't see much "collectible" and "affordable" games.

Thoughts-opinions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
massimiliano.san wrote:
If this was a kind of "Magic" without rares and with max 1 card per deck, that would be a game I should buy!
The game looks great and the "idea" great too.
Especially because a player can (seems) have all the collection with few "buy and trade" and play with it at 100% because each deck can't have doubles.
I have some questions I didn't understand:

1) The total number of Corunea cards

"over" 230 cards

Quote:

2) The cards in the boosters are different from the starters or do they contain starters too?

From what I understand, the starters have 14 fixed cards for each class, plus two copies of a duel arena. The remaining 38 cards are random, from the 118 cards found in the boosters.

Quote:

3) The adventure cards? Do they count in the total of cards, are they in the boosters too, or are different cards?

The adventure cards are completely different from the starter/booster cards, with the exception of copies of the Duel arenas.

Quote:

4) Estimated cost for havin a "full collection"?

53.20 Euro for one copy of each starter and the adventure pack, which will give you 114 cards from the boosters. Add one more booster (3.20 Euro) to give you enough booster cards to trade for a complete set (There are no rarity levels in the booster cards). That is, of course, assuming that you'll only want one of each card. I suspect there will be cards that will be useful in a number of different decks that you'll want more than one of.

Quote:

5) How much time will pass before a second edition with another totally different set of cards?

They're not planning on doing "sets" as far as I understand. They'll release new starters and new Adventure packs, and they'll phase new cards into the boosters. I'm not quite sure how that will work, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
I suspect there will be cards that will be useful in a number of different decks that you'll want more than one of.

That would be if you maintain more than one character deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
abrannan wrote:
I suspect there will be cards that will be useful in a number of different decks that you'll want more than one of.

That would be if you maintain more than one character deck.

True. I automatically assume people maintain more than one deck of any CCG, but I realize that there are people out there who don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Santuari
Italy
Trento
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for replying. Looking for official info about these questions (especially cards list, cards distribution in starter/boosters/adventure). I'd like this to be a "honest" collectible game, but I'm waiting some owners comments before buying. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card lists won't be out for about a week, as they want people who pre-ordered to have the joy of discovering the new cards. Distribution breakdowns are available on the ordering pages for each product (it's where I got my info). Everything I posted was basically copied from official replies on the game's forums.

As soon as my cards arrive, I'll update with my findings. I'm getting all starters, the adventure pack and 20 boosters, so I should have a pretty good feel for distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you looking to learn from a card list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:

As soon as my cards arrive, I'll update with my findings. I'm getting all starters, the adventure pack and 20 boosters, so I should have a pretty good feel for distribution.

Just a quick update, I got my cards today, and I'm about halfway through the boosters. So far, the distribution is very even. I don't see recurring series of cards like I do with some other games (UFS, *cough, cough*). The card numbers are grouped by types, so it becomes very easy to see where your gaps are. Only a few doubles, and two triplicates in 10 boosters. The only noticable gap so far is in the cards for the Elementalist class. I only have one Elementalist class card, and 4-5 for each other class. So, far, that is. I still have 10 boosters and the 3 starters to categorize.

I expect I'll have a complete set, or be within 5 cards of a complete set, by the time I'm through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update to my update:

Well, I finished opening my cards. As I expected, by the time I was finished with my boosters, I was missing only 4 cards that weren't starter exclusive (two actions, one Elementalist card, and one Warden Card). I got three of the four missing cards in the random cards from the first deck.

Alas, the two remaining starters didn't come though with the missing card.

Fortunately, thanks to the wonderful card type/numbering system they have, I know that the card I'm missing is an Action, and that it's card #46. If anyone should have an extra #46, I have lots of cards to trade. At the very least, if you can send me a card spoiler, I'd be very grateful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan2 wrote:

They're not planning on doing "sets" as far as I understand. They'll release new starters and new Adventure packs, and they'll phase new cards into the boosters. I'm not quite sure how that will work, though.

That sounds worse than issuing new sets. If they simply phase new cards into the boosters, you'll be buying tons of duplicates to get to the new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it could be. I could be wrong, but I took it from a post on the official Corunea boards:

"There are not "sets" in Corunea as there are no "editions" in the classical TCG sens. New starter packs will increase the class choice, new adventure packs will propose new stories, and boosters will gradually include the additional cards; but the first packs will never become useless, less powerful or obsolete. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Treslove
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, do you have the card 46 yet (Ignore Pain - a picture of one of the characters snapping an arrow off from his chest - hardcore!!)? I have a load of spares and am short only 1 card; #114

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a spare 114,
Do you have spare of any of
10,32,38,42??

Interested in trading???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.