5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Hello ... anyone out there ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
phil crompton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I live in St Helens, Merseyside ( I know, I know but someone has to) and am looking for any clubs in the area and even Warrington/Ormskirk. failing this is there anyone who would like to join up for a regular Games-meet ?
4 of us play once a month but my co-players live up in Preston otherwise we would do it more often (oh-er missus).
I play most of the popular BG's but favour Arkham Horror, Memoir '44, Last Night On Earth, Ticket To Ride, Shadows Over Camelot. And On The Buses.
One of the above was a lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil,

We have a regular group on Monday evenings in Liverpool town centre. There are a couple of players from out Prescot & Widnes way.

Have a look at our Yahoo group for more details :

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/liverpool_lion_boardgame...

We play mostly heavier Euro's but you're more than welcome to see if anything takes your fancy.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil,

Welcome to the geek. As James says, there is the Liverpool club. As well as that, a few members of Bolton travel in from Widnes, Ormskirk and so on (I feel like I travel from Merseyside to the meets, because I am usually haring back from work in Speke). We meet every Thursday at 7PM. Details here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/184

You and your friends from Preston would be most welcome (we do the occasional all-dayer as well, if that makes the travelling any more bearable).

There are also clubs in Manchester, Chester and Blackpool if any of those are any use to you. All listed here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq#toc5

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil crompton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks very much for the reply guys. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've had a lot of problems signing onto the site. I'd love to take up the offer particularly at Liverpool as Monday's suit me better and the obvious location is good for me. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste James
United Kingdom
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil, I saw your post and wondered where you and your friends gamed ? As you will know from James Cheevers email there is a group at the Liverpool Lion Tavern in Liverpool on a Monday but some of us now regularly game at my home on a Friday evening. I live on the edge of Huyton next to Prescot and the M57 roundabout (Knowsley Safari Park Junction). Its always good to play games against others, perhaps if you attend the Lion sometime we can make arrangements from there - I am there every Monday.
cheers
Ste James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.