Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, it is permitted to do that? I thought full provinces were barriers to movement...huh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I wasn't really questioning the rule. I just think I've played it wrong in the past. The rule in question, though, seems to be in the section explaining the cards - under the abbot and commander cards, in the "Restriction:" section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This entire thread is confusing to me! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Maryville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy of this game for myself for Christmas and am looking for a "correct" set of English rules. There are a number of files posted with English rules. Can someone please recommend one? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My $0.02: try it while playing it by web for free at MaBi Web. It is rules-enforcing, and he's very thorough about rules research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Maryville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
My $0.02: try it while playing it by web for free at MaBi Web. It is rules-enforcing, and he's very thorough about rules research.
. Thanks for the quick reply and recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a) When there is an abbot present you cannot place any other "units", unless your own abbot is also there and the province is not full.

b) Only the abbot can pass through full provinces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NKOUK7 wrote:
Only the abbot can pass through full provinces
Not so. The English Rules translation (Pat Korner) says:
Quote:
When an abbot is in a province, he instils peace. That is to say, the other players may not add villagers or villages to that province any more. However, other players are still allowed to move their own abbots and villagers through such a province as well as move their own abbots into the province.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.