Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Boy, I wish I could post about the Reaper finale that aired last night. Unfortunately, here in Chicago it was preempted by a Cubs game and aired at 11:30, instead of 8:00.

W.

T.

F?!

Who did Kevin Smith piss off to have his show so mishandled? I've never seen a network push a show that normally airs in prime time to the middle of the night. I know it's just our area that got hosed, but I'd think that WGN is a pretty major affiliate. If it was gonna cause a conflict in such a sizable market, I wish they'd've pushed the finale to a clear day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WGN has been preempting stuff for Cubs games since you were knee-high to a meeple, my boy! I'm going to guess it's in their broadcasting agreement, and not a "producer decision." Plus, Cubs broadcasts are probably the highest-rated programs WGN airs. Certainly well above the WB's (or whatever they are these days) output. So, it's pretty much a no-brainer for them.

Besides, the Cubs are great this season. Take that, Cards!

(well, all Cards except Pujols, who's on my fantasy team)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
Who did Kevin Smith piss off to have his show so mishandled?

According to Wikipedia, "Kevin Smith directed the pilot, and is credited as a creative consultant for the series", so I certainly wouldn't call it his show.

Sucks that it got delayed in your area, but at least you got to see it, right? I figure that anyone who was going to watch it to begin with would have waited til 11:30, given that it was the season finale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Aw, I'm an "early-to-bed, early-to-rise" type. I'm in bed by ten most nights. Since game night is tonight, I won't see it until Thursday...

As for WGN preempting stuff for baseball, I guess I just don't watch the channel enough to have seen it. I guess my disdain for the Cubs informs my disappointment at the preemption. I live a couple of miles north of Wrigley Field on Clark Street, and I hate the difficulties in traversing the city 'cos of streets clogged with Trixies and suburbanites (and they close the Taco Bell drive-thru on Addison to make more parking! Grr!). I wish they'd just move the field to Naperville so the fans wouldn't have to drive so far and harsh my mellow. 'Cos that's what it's all about, right? My mellow?

At least it doesn't look like we'll get the Olympics. That woulda been a nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hey, I just wanted to 'say' that I likes your 'avatar' with "Snuffy Smith & ole Sparkplug!" cool
When's old "Barney Google" gonna make an 'appearance'?

EDIT: corrected spelling, and adding this:
His "googly" googoo were 'closed', and I figured the "horse" had eaten his HAT! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Shif'less skonk!
That is Barney! Snuffy's totally different! He's a little guy with a big nose...and, well... He's got a hat! Totally different, see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.