Popular Tags: [View All]
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 30 pages of threads on Wizard Kings, so pardon me if I've missed an existing discussion on this!

I'm worried over the exact effects of using Treasure blocks (Silver Gold & Gems). I understand their use as Resources - buy in a city, spend to create new or rebuild existing blocks.

It's their existence as unit blocks in the field that worries me. Is it impossible to capture them, only to eliminate? Where does the money go from lost steps? Can Clerics Heal them? Can Wizard Spells augment them? Has anyone developed house rules on Treasure blocks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good questions...I'm not a rules lawyer, but here is how we play:

1. They cannot be captured but they can fight back.

2. If they take damage they lose the gold associated with the lost step. (yes...having a Gem piece lose a step would really suck)

3. They cannot be healed by a cleric.

4. I'm not sure which wizard spells can augment units (I don't have the rules with me right now), but if the spell only affects them temporarily then we would allow it. For example, the spell that lets everyone attack immediately instead of in initiative order would be ok. If the spell had a lasting affect (aka cleric heal), it would not be allowed.

I think items 1 and 2 are in line with the strict interpretation of the rules.

I think items 3 and 4 are in the spirit of the rules - but not explicitely defined. (see my other posts about the cleric heal spell...I'd love for someone from CG to post an official ruling on this spell :)).

Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.