Iain McAllister
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Well I know a few of you were interested in hearing of my experience with Guild of Blades.

http://www.guildofblades.com/podcards.php

Well the first box is here and you can see the results over on my blog

http://thegiantbrain.livejournal.com/

The cards are good quality with clear printing and bright colours. The only small problem was that they were using a knife rather than a die cutter. This meant the cards are slightly turned up at the edges and need compressed slightly to flatten out the edges, allowing them to fit in the tuck boxes.

The second box is on its way and I will put up pictures of the rules once I get back to Edinburgh.

For folks in the UK I will be debuting the game at UK games expo and it will be retailing at £9. On the following monday I will be opening the shop over on my website, and you will be able to buy it directly from me:

http://www.giantbrain.co.uk

For those in the US I will be going through the Guild of Blades retail site once it is launched. Will give you details one I have them.

Cheers

Iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for sharing this, it is always helpful to see the results of various printers doing game-related work. The quality does look like good for such a low price point.

All the best with the game at the expo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Congratulations. Your art and layout look fantastic. The print quality looks really nice. Cut-wise, is it me, or are the box edges really coarse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ihmcallister wrote:

The cards are good quality with clear printing and bright colours. The only small problem was that they were using a knife rather than a die cutter. This meant the cards are slightly turned up at the edges and need compressed slightly to flatten out the edges, allowing them to fit in the tuck boxes.

Their web site makes several references to a die cutter for their POD card games, was there a problem with it at the time of your order or some other explanation?

Thanks,

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get this man his game designer's badge!

So can you deploy giant ants in this game? A B movie isn't complete without giant insects...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain McAllister
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I get a badge? Cool?

There are spiders and moths but not ants in this version. The intention is to release themed expansions down the line if this proves successful.

As to the die cutter, I am not entirely sure. I think there might be types of die cutters, but I am unsure on that. Ryan's explanation was that they were looking at die cutters but had nt found one suitable for cards as yet. I believe the tuck boxes are die cut. They are hoping to have a die cutter in the summer.

Cheers

Iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ihmcallister wrote:
I get a badge? Cool?

There are spiders and moths but not ants in this version. The intention is to release themed expansions down the line if this proves successful.

Nothing wrong with a little line devlopment. It's like investin' in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.