Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am certain the somewhere in the 31 pages of posts there is an answer but I am hoping a couple of you can save me some time. I have two questions. You should know I have Dungeon Twister and enjoy the game.

1) What expansions are worth getting and why?

2) Does the game expand to 3-4 players well with said expansion?

Thanks for your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Depends on what you want, since all expansions have a theme.
Paladins & Dragons = Item management
Fire & Water = Movement
Forces of Darkness = Dealing with wounded characters
Mercenaries = Combat

Of the ones mentioned, I've played P&D and FoD.

P&D has the advantage that it was seemingly developed at the same time as the original DT game, so it blends in very well. In short, P&D doesn't make any huge changes to the game, it just adds more fun.

FoD on the other hand, does add some new stuff to the game, with some very interesting characters. These characters do however require very special situations to be used properly. This, combined with darkness tiles raises the games difficulty quite a lot...

So for your first expansion, I'd say got with Paladins & Dragons
Still, I think ALL expansions are worth getting...
As a side note, F&W is apparently the most complicated expansion, while Merc appear to be the most straight forward one.

2) No, not really. So far, the only expansion that adds anything for 3-4 players is the 3-4 Players expansion (unless you know french). I theory, you could use the extra characters to play some kind of team match.
This summer should however see the release of Fire & Water, wich should then be followed shortly by Fire & Blood*, wich is the 3-4 expansion for P&D and F&W.

*or something similiar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm of the opinion that 3/4 Player DT is a lot of fun - it's a VERY different experience from 2-player DT, as some abilities are significantly less useful (most notably that of the Troll). Some elements of play become radically more important - placement when a room is revealed has an additional layer to it when you can place characters belonging to multiple opponents in a room. It's extra fun to place combos like Troll/Goblin/Troll - neither troll wants to move and let the gobbo out, but neither troll wants to hit the gobbo first, either, as their opponent will get the VP for the kill. I love it when placement like that becomes available.

Until Fire and Blood (or Ultimate 3/4 Player) is out in English, there's not a lot of variety in terms of characters or items for multiplayer, but it also doesn't NEED the variety - adding more players to the mix is seasoning enough for me.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.