Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Schmalkdic League after earlier Trace Italienne by Hapsburgs in Germany rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On turn, 1 Hapsburg played Trace Italienne, targeting Nuremburg. A fortress and Hapsburg regular appear them.

Later on Nuremburg goes Protestant and is still Protestant when the mandatory event Schmalkdic League occurs at the end of turn 4. The fortress and Hapsburg regular are still in place. What happens to the regular?

a) Nothing. The part of the Winter where troops come home is before the part where Mandatory Events resolve. Schmalkdic League rules don't say anything about this situation. So he stays where he is- he is now besieging a Protestant fortress.

b) Normal Winter move- he returns to capital or nearest Hapsburg fortified space. Slight query- can he return to a Hapsburg Electorate, if there is one left?

c) Something else. Your guess is as good as mine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Covered in the errata on my web site:

Rule Book, Page 39, Schmalkaldic League, Third Bullet:

Add a sentence to the end of this bullet. The full text now reads: "Convert all Protestant home spaces that are currently under Protestant religious influence to Protestant political control. Spaces are not converted if they contain a Fortress marker."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.