Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Rist
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Dracula's perspective of this game.

Players:
Douglas (me) - Count Dracula
Tony - Godalming
Terrence - Dr. Seward
group - Van Helsing
Owen - Mina Harker

-------

It started simply enough, after years of waiting I was ready to enact my revenge. I traveled to Ireland and set foot in Dublin. I then traveled to Galway where I found a suitable candidate for my bride. After placing her in a secure location, I embarked on a ship intending to head for the mainland. En route, one of my enemies, a vile wretch known as Dr Seward, set sail for Galway intent on destroying my bride. I know not what cruel twist of fate informed him of my plans, nor what saved him from the terrible storms I sent to destroy him, but fortunately he arrived after she had matured, and now she is with me forever.

I found myself in England, poised to repay with much blood any harm done to my love, but with her safe, I chose discretion and moved on to Manchester from Liverpool, then to Edinborough, where I again caught a ship. This time I made it to the mainland and had a fine time in Amsterdam before moving to Strasbourg. Arthur Holmwood, that spoiled dandy who took the life of my beloved Lucy, caught up with me in Strasbourg. Battle would have ensued had I not sent his horses speeding off. Sadly, Van Helsing arrived shortly thereafter. He could not be dispatched so lightly, and after a fierce battle I was forced to flee. Fortune was smiling upon me and they did not see which direction my bat form took.

I arrived quietly on the streets of Milan, and quickly went into hiding. My minions watched their movements and it became clear that I had lost them for now. From Milan I went to Genoa, and from there to Florence. In Rome, I had the most atrocious luck as the foul Dr Seward stumbled across me in its Byzantine streets. Quickly I turned to mist and eluded any further damage to myself. I doubled back to Florence, my original plan of descending the Italian peninsula and debarking from Bari being judged as less than optimal. I hate making obvious moves, but I refuse to allow myself to be trapped and the only way out of that hole was so readily apparent that even Dr Seward was able to deduce my location. Fortunately he was unable to realize that if one does the exact same thing, one will get the exact same results. I again turned into mist as a flabbergasted Doctor watched on.

I stopped in Venice, hoping that the canals would stymie my pursuers. Who should happen to find me but that cursed Lord Godalming. His attempts to avenge himself upon me for having wooed away his fiance failed as I again took to the skies and flew back to Strasbourg. Surely they would underestimate me again and assume that I was too traumatized by the foolish battle I indulged in with Van Helsing to return. However, this was not the time to rest. I am not some chattel human who needs to rest, so instead I headed off for Brussels. East or West, where should I go?

Knowing that my enemy would be confused and fumbling about looking for clues -- and knowing that in my haste I had undoubtedly left some indication of my passing -- I moved from Brussels to Le Havre, from there to Nantes and on still to Bordeaux. That troublesome doctor arrived in Clermont-Ferrond, but then, so did night. I confronted the doctor and easily slipped by him by taking to the skies. I landed in Milan, then moved on to Munich. The fools pursuing me were scattered across Northern and Western Europe's coastlines.

In Zagreb, I bound nature itself to my bidding, to good effect as Van Helsing found when he and his fellows found themselves locked out of Zagreb by a dense fog. Wanting my retinue to be complete when the victory I sensed drawing near was mine, I placed a new bride in both Sarajevo and Valona. At this time, it became apparent that, despite having quickly dispatching their agents, their very disappearance was a confirmation of my presence. To lead the hunters away from my beloved brides, I turned North to Sofia and then Varna. In Varna I procured the services of a most skilled assassin. When Van Helsing arrived (Godalming & Seward were still muddling about Vienna, and dear Mina was still in Western Europe), he very nearly died. My plans were nearing completion. It had been three cycles, I had one Bride, the Bride in Valona was nearing maturation (the cursed Van Helsing had found the Bride in Sarajevo during the daytime), but I was tired of running. Next Sunrise would see my victory and Van Helsing would be hurt badly. What better way to inaugurate my Empire than to consecrate it with the spilled blood of my most hated foe? I watched as my minion stabbed him again and again before she fell. He then encountered another minion of mine who quickly and efficiently shoot him down like the livestock he truly was.

The last thing I saw before the new dawn was Van Helsing's blood pooling on the streets of Constantia. I retired knowing that with the next night, the world would bow to its new Emperor, and my bride in Valona would soon be joining me to reign over our human chattel forever.

---

Dracula: one world, two Brides, one dead Van Helsing, I think Mina should be my third Bride, don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan MacPhail
Scotland
Edinburgh
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I embarked on a ship intending to head for the mainland

Irish people are hyper-sensitive about referring to the isle of Great Britain as the "mainland" (amongst many other things), they think they're the mainland! (Poor fools) I wind up Mrs O'Matadorx with it all the time!

Quote:
then to Edinborough

Now you've really wound me up. As an Edinburgher myself, I'm hyper-sensitive about the mispronunciation of Edinburgh any other way than "ed'nbra".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rist
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was originally heading for the mainland, but when they started closing in, I abandoned that as being to obvious and went to England instead.

The official pronunciation in the Empire of the Living Dead is "Ee-dehn-burr-oh." Impalement awaits dissenters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.