Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Straub
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "roll a fireball" rules state that a player piece is considered hit when a fireball touches them and that the fireball is "dead" when it stops. What usually happens is that the fireball stops at the first person it hits, making a player "safe" as long as they are behind someone on a path.

This seems kind of silly to me. If a fireball is hurtling down a mountain pass, one measly human isn't going to completely stop it's momentum.

So do you follow the rules as written, or do you lift the "hit" player out of the way and the let the fireball continue on it's way? Do you nudge the fireball if it needs a boost to continue down the path after removing the "hit" player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted in your other thread too, but here goes.

I think you need to get some better marbles. Our original purchase marbles smash the hell out of most stuff, though the situation you describe has occurred of a previous body got kinda wedged in the way and it was near the end of the path.

We play it that if you don't get hit, you are safe. Sometimes fireballs do some crazy stuff and that extra bit of chaos is part of the fun.

If it occurred the way you describe it where another player was pretty much all the time a blocker, it certainly seems against the spirit of the game, but might on its own create some interesting decisions to make about how you position yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.