Subject: Add/drop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't cost anything to pick up an item, but can that player then drop it? I had a couple of players ask me and I've never seen it asked here or addressed in the FAQ.

By allowing a character to drop an item, another player could pick it up, thus alleviating the 1 action point transfer cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HeroScape HeroScape
Italy
Jesi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched that question and did not found an answer. So, I can only tell about my game. In my game pick up or drop are the same things: spaces used ZERO.

And there is a reason:
- When you drop something there are no guaranties that you or another marine will pick up it again. There are a lot of situations and aliens cards that can make it very hard.

When a marine use 1 movement to give a gun or ammo to an adjacent marine it has no risks of lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Adey
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there should be a possible penalty for dropping expensive government owned equipment all over those hard dirty floors.

I think if you drop any item, it is at a movement cost of 0, but roll the red or yellow die - if it`s a miss (x) then the dropped item BREAKS and is removed from the game.sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Albireo wrote:
I think if you drop any item, it is at a movement cost of 0, but roll the red or yellow die - if it`s a miss (x) then the dropped item BREAKS and is removed from the game.sauron

Ooh, you're a mean one, Mr. Albireo. That would be potentially catastrophic. I like it...a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.