United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I am just getting my head round how BGG operates and have a question about the Marketplace. I am just about to launch my first game 'Revenge of the B-Movie' through my own label 'The Giant Brain'. Can I sell the game directly though the marketplace or is it only for secondhand games?

Cheers

Iain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can sell any game you want through Marketplace, generally speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! sell away. may want to make a US contact for a bulk ship though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that one issue you will run up against is that I believe the marketplace only lets you sell one copy of a game at a time. As soon as someone buys that one copy it disappears from the marketplace and you have to relist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iain - best of luck to you on your venture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the online gaming stores here in the states at least will gladly sell small-print-run games for you as well. Obviously your margins will be much thinner but the exposure can't hurt.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain McAllister
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I am still debating what to do about distribution in the states. Guild of Blades do have a wholesale programme but I need to have a think about the dramatic cut in margins. In the end it would get the game into stores who might not normally see it or stock it.

When I am putting my game through the marketplace should I put it at the dollar or pound price point? I get the impression that the majority of users here are from the states.

Cheers

Iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ihmcallister wrote:

When I am putting my game through the marketplace should I put it at the dollar or pound price point? I get the impression that the majority of users here are from the states.

If you are going to ship from the UK only then I would use pounds/euro.

If you end up having another shipping point from the US then maybe $. Im not sure but I think it should be ok to list the game twice(?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.