Subject: PC game mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are playing the PC version of Wings Over France and finding it pretty much impossible to win (as I did), you may want to try my mod of the data files, posted at http://cryhavocgames.net/other_stuff.htm This mod will increase the flying and shooting skill of each of your pilots by 1 AND/OR decrease the likelihood of an encounter by 1 in each hex. The result is that your lads will actually live long enough to record a few kills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im using vista & everytime i try & change something i get a run time error. Anyone else get this? If so have you managed to work around it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sorry - I cannot help you. I went directly from WinXP to Windows 7, with no stop on Vista. I can say that many people who have had small problems with older PC games on Vista find that they run fine in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode.

Edit: Unfortunately, Wings Over France will not run under any circumstances under Vista or Win7, according to the developer's web site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have run Wings Over France successfully in Windows 7 64-bit by using the VMWare Player emulator and installing WinXP into the emulator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.