Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this as easy as it seems? I had no problem just searching through the deck to get the 4 needed townspeople especially with just what I need cards? Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, sometimes it works out like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this scenario once and the Humans did indeed find the Townsfolk fairly quickly. But, I'd like to see how it turns out in subsequent plays. I think the luck of the draw has a lot to do with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be missing the other part of the scenario. You must find the townsfolk AND survive until the sun track reaches it's end. Combine this with the fact that two Hero deaths means a loss, and you may not have such an easy time holding out til dawn even if you have no trouble finding the townsfolk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
our try at this scenario (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/312718) was just the opposite. finding the townsfolk was difficult, indeed -- to the point where i thought the scenario was overly weighted in favor of the Zombies.

how did you go through the deck to find the townsfolk so quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there you go and survive to the end. That would be much more difficult then wouldn't it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fivecats wrote:
our try at this scenario (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/312718) was just the opposite. finding the townsfolk was difficult, indeed -- to the point where i thought the scenario was overly weighted in favor of the Zombies.

The "Just what I Need" card coupled with a few lucky draws of Towns Folks did it in my session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Save the townsfolk scenario - Imrpovements
I was thinking this scenario was easy as well and had some ideas to go over with everyone.

What if when the hero player discovered a townsfolk, they put a hero maker on the board under that particular hero. This hero is now protecting that townsfolk. The townsfolk will now follow that hero which now gives the hero a variable movement penalty (roll d3 for penalty = -1 to -3).

The townsfolk are also vulnerable to zombie attack and have can only take one wound before they are killed. I haven't decided if when they die, they turn into zombies or their card gets shuffled back into the hero deck.

This idea seems more true to the scenario then just setting the townsfolk card out on the table.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would solve the problem of keeping the townsfold alive. The scenario says you have to keep them alive but doesn't give my specificity on how that works. I think most people will think the scenario is tough enough to add your rule but I think it is helpful if people think it's been a walk in the park for the Humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fivecats wrote:
The wireless radio helps a LOT in this scenario. The townsfolk cards themselves are events, so they can be pulled by the radio, and if any hit the discard pile, then you can also pull Just What I Needed with the radio to grab them from discard. Plus you can use the radio anywhere, not just in a building, so you can keep some distance from the zombies. For clarity, by "pull" I mean reveal from the draw pile until you hit an event. I didn't know what word to use to describe the radio's effect. I've only played this one once, but the heroes won in large part due to the radio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The added difficulty in the scenario is surving through all the turns. Even if you find the 4 townsfolk you need you still need to live through the remaining turns till sundown. I originally didnt realize this which led to my thinking this scenario so easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.