BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: buying growing hunger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Hall
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I want to buy growing hunger from thoughthammer, but I dont want to get the crappy version with the washed out colors. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought would be; research more. There is only one printing of Growing Hunger...they all have the lighter tone. It is the first printing of LNoE that has the darker tone and thus makes the expansion boards look "washed out". But if you have/get the 2nd printing than it will match up with the expansion. Neither is "crappy"...more about what you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, I opened this thread expecting to get a chuckle from broken English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally thought something along those lines. I opened it hoping that it would help me decipher exactly what the post was about.

Also, I wanted to see 2 Module covers in a row in a forum. Now that I look closer, I see that they are different covers of the same module (different versions, at least). R.I.P. E.G.G. indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be a thread of a growing hunger for buying… board games.

And that the thread would derail into the joy of buying vs the joy of playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't let the washed-out colors keep you from buying it, let the fact that the entire series is garbage prevent you from buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Wow. Just wow. Ok, first; you mean the entire first printing is like that? Is it in second printing yet? Second, sorry about the title of the post, yea it's kind of funny. Third, I think this game really captures the feel of a zombie movie and I really enjoy it; Im just not willing to buy something that is not made properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
The first printing of the base game is dark. Darker than the designer intended actually. It's hard to see what's happening on the card pictures.

The second printing and G.H. are lightened up a bit. If this REALLY bugs you, be warned.

But the backs of the Zombie and Hero decks MATCH perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.