Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I have ~65 pages of GeekMail. I'm happy to save server space by deleting all mail from boardgamegeek.

You used to be able to sort it by sender alphabetically, but now you cannot, but there is no longer an easy way to do this.

My suggestion is to either add an action to delete all messages from boardgamegeek or permit one to sort their gmail alphabetically by sender.

Thanks. - Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
I'm happy to save server space by deleting all mail from boardgamegeek.

In the 21st century there is no such thing as saving server space. Disks cost less than $1/GB and disk space doubles every 18 months to two years. If you want to delete stuff to make it easier for you to manage yoru emai then do it, but compared to the space occupied by images on BGG, email is infinitesimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Empty Inbox is your friend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Um. I specifically meant my BGG inbox, since I do all my reading on Gmail. At the same time, I want to keep all personal mail in my BGG inbox and just delete the tons of mails automatically sent by BGG about new threads, new posts to subscribed threads, etc. Fair enough that there is no reason to delete them - I'm stuck in old paradigms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I receive my geekmail forwarded to gmail as well, but still regularly clean out the BGG geekmail inbox too, deleting most of it (forum notifications) and only archiving the occasional personal geekmail. (I think of it as an easy way to have backup on 2 sites, gmail and BGG, of all my personal geekmail...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.