Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in the book it says you may not withdraw into a territory with an enemy PC present.

If you have friendly CUs on that enemy PC territory, can you withdraw there?

I suppose I'd go with "no", but it feels a little odd. Just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right - the rules state clearly that you cannot withdraw to a space with an enemy PC. Thematically, maybe think of it this way: Your army wants to go away from battle - it will not go into another space that is probably contested due to the enemy PC there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose that makes sense though specifically I'm thinking, for example: PCs represent a degree of military force that is friendly to you... enough PCs in a region do render unto you an ally card bonus, after all. Sure, the force there might be less than a legion (or whatever a CU is), but if they manage to slow your withdrawal, the army behind you is going to catch up.

Ultimately, don't go into unfriendly territory... there's a fraction of a CU there, just waiting to get you!

Of course, typically you can do an overrun if you have 5+ guys...

Meh, whatever, it's probably for game balance, to prevent generals from withdrawing willy nilly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have not changed from the AH version. You must retreat up to a max of four spaces until you either reach a friendly space free of enemy units or a space containing more SP than the retreating army (whether that force is on a friendly space or not). Any SPs encountered along the way that do not outnumber the retreating force are swept up with them. There are some other restrictions on valid retreat routes and what can happen along the way. You may wish to re-read the section of the rules dealing with Retreats...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking about Withdrawing from Battle, not retreating post-defeat. Thanks anyways, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, my bad! RTFQ!! The rules for withdrawls are more restrictive and you were quite right about not being able to withdraw into a space controlled and/or occupied by your opponent, and if simply controlled (PC marker) the presence of your own CUs will not help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.