Popular Tags: microbadge [+] [View All]
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this is really obvious, but is there a way to search for microbadges? Say I don't know what category the badge is in, is there a way I could type a search query and see all badges that match it? Say search for Nintendo and get back all the badges with Nintendo in the title?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I know how to do this by designer but not by topic area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't think they ever implemented a search feature though it has been requested many times before. You'll just have to check in the categories that are the most logical. To use your example, You just have to go to the Video Game category and browse. Unfortunately, that one is just one big grouping. Some of the others get a little more detailed and have sub-categories (but that isn't always good as it may be someplace you aren't thinking.)

Another way is to design one and submit it. If someone else made it, you're sure to get a response within seconds! That's usually what happens to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually added this in one of the quicklinks on the top.

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=+site:www.boardgamegeek.com/browse/microbadge/

It's a way to search for microbadges, I believe it was Lajos who came up with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.