West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im considering to get one of the possible candidates:
* Aquaretto.
* Stone Age.
* Shadows over Camlot.
* Kingsburg.

I'm looking for a game for 2-4 players mainly, with nice components, not too long(about 1 hour), and with simple rules but enough strategy so it doesn't feel like the game is playing you.

What would you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
No contest.

Stone Age is a superb little game with a lot going for it, though it is deceptively simple. It is the only real "gamer's game" among the group.

Kingsburg is a decent game. Fun. Lots of choices. But a bit of a pain when played with those with analysis-paralysis.

Aquaretto is also a decent thing. If you like Mad Scientist University Course Packet: Zoology, then get it.

Shadows over Camelot is a so-so game, in my opinion. Its mechanics are all over the place, and there is not enough game there to keep me interested. To put it another way, there seems to be a lot going on as the players run in place.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reisa Schwartzman
Canada
flag msg tools
Have you tried Griddly Headz. These games are strategy and challenge games with sports themes. They are easy to learn but also offer rules to grow with. Start with the family rules and then grow into the advance. The games come in 2 editions, deluxe and family. The deluxe edition is a 2 tiered board which is a lot of fun for the challenges. These games are great value in the play and in what you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
are posting the same stuff in every thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.