Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two newbie rules Qs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Between Dungeon levels, do the heroes have any option to visit/restock in town?

2) Does the OL retain cards (such as Doom) played on the table between dungeon levels? In other words, do the effects carry over into the next level?

Thanks,
robbage
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
1) Between Dungeon levels, do the heroes have any option to visit/restock in town?

As per the rulebook, no. Visits are not allowed while in dungeons, and restocks have to be done using game turns. The transition between levels occurs instantaneously, as soon as everyone's out.

Robbage wrote:
2) Does the OL retain cards (such as Doom) played on the table between dungeon levels? In other words, do the effects carry over into the next level?

In short, yes. He also keeps his threat & cards in hand. Only when the whole dungeon is completed does he reset everything.
(Otherwise, some power cards like Hordes of the Things would be close to useless.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Giles, that nails it.

robbage
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
Robbage wrote:
1) Between Dungeon levels, do the heroes have any option to visit/restock in town?

As per the rulebook, no. Visits are not allowed while in dungeons, and restocks have to be done using game turns. The transition between levels occurs instantaneously, as soon as everyone's out.


Actually, I don't think this answer is correct anymore:

Quote:
A hero who begins his turn adjacent to or on top of an activated glyph has two options: take a normal turn or go to town. If he goes to town, he is immediately moved to the building of his choice and gets to Restock there. No movement points, no declared action – he just Restocks.


See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/314927
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Actually, I don't think this answer is correct anymore:

I've actively participated in the thread you've linked, and fail to see the relation.

Unless I misunderstood Robbage's question, he wanted to know if heroes were allowed to make Restocks while switching from Level 1 to Level 2, from instance. This has very little to do with the "go to town" rules per se...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if my heroes are unable to travel to town via the portal between dungeon levels, that answers my question.

robbage
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I would add is a comment towards the effect that one should always be mindful of the restock limit of the shoppes in town. They apply to the entire week, which therefore applies to the entirety of the 3-level dungeon adventure.

Which usually means that, by the time you get to the second or third dungeon level, one of the heroes has hit up the apothecary, and one of them has hit up the market (turning over a couple of cards to see if there is anything nice in the magical goods department that week) -- meaning that a lot of your options are exhausted.

Of course, the temple is always open for business -- and thank the Gods Below for that!

But you're limited to one decent shopping trip total (not per hero, but for the entire party) for the apothecary shoppe and the market's magical deck-draw for the week (which is the entire 3-level dungeon adventure). That's not a lot.

Not a lot of potion-buying options available to the heroes once they get out in the field.

//////////

Edit: And hopefully the wording in your original post was simply a slip of phrase -- they cannot "visit" during a dungeon adventure. Only restock options are available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good points. Which brings to mind the commonsensical shopping list proviso. When the heroes go to town they pool their heads a minute and decide who's going where, allowing one hero to pick up whatevers needed by the others at the Marketplace. Ditto the Apothecary. Are people playing this way?

robbage
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
Aging One wrote:
Actually, I don't think this answer is correct anymore:

I've actively participated in the thread you've linked, and fail to see the relation.

Unless I misunderstood Robbage's question, he wanted to know if heroes were allowed to make Restocks while switching from Level 1 to Level 2, from instance. This has very little to do with the "go to town" rules per se...


blush My bad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Good points. Which brings to mind the commonsensical shopping list proviso. When the heroes go to town they pool their heads a minute and decide who's going where, allowing one hero to pick up whatevers needed by the others at the Marketplace. Ditto the Apothecary. Are people playing this way?

robbage


They certainly are although when they're visiting, it's more of an issue because there are more choices ie: tavern, training, recuperating, alchemist and shopping...whereas when hitting the dungeon between levels, it's usually heroes who really need it going in ones or twos to shop or heal (potions having usually already been bought at the begining of the week).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.