Subject: Does This Qualify Me As a Dynasty? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having played 54 games against a friend of mine in Twilight Struggle my record is currently 54-0. I argue that I am a Twilight Struggle Dynasty at this point, and he contends that I am not. I am turning to the BGG Community to decide this once and for all!

My best game against him ended with the score at -31, and my best comeback was going from -19 (as the USA) and winning with +20.

Poll: Dynasty Or Not?
Dynasty or Not?
Yes
No
      53 answers
Poll created by roboman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

54 games, all wins, against the same guy? You should consider branching out a bit.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty impressive, but I think you have to show you can beat a lot of people, not just one guy, before you can call yourself a dynasty. Are you going to any cons this year? You should try playing some strangers at cons and see if you still keep winning - if you do, THEN we can talk about this dynasty title!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemme guess, you play solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more impressed with your friend's tenacity. That guy's a goddamned Twilight Struggle terminator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

54 games, all wins, against the same guy? You should consider branching out a bit.

Sag.

He's the only one I know who will play Twilight Struggle. I'm sure if I played anyone with some decent skill I would lose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
I'm more impressed with your friend's tenacity. That guy's a goddamned Twilight Struggle terminator.

He's continually improving. The day will soon come that he beats me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you always play the Soviets? Then I'd have to change my vote...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
roboman wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

Sag.

He's the only one I know who will play Twilight Struggle. I'm sure if I played anyone with some decent skill I would lose

By that logic, everyone who has never played the game but has been willing to might be up for a dynasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Do you always play the Soviets? Then I'd have to change my vote...

Random every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to be a dynasty, your son has to beat him 20 or 30 times a well. And if your father or grandson can join in, that makes it complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cole
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denise wrote:
That's pretty impressive, but I think you have to show you can beat a lot of people, not just one guy, before you can call yourself a dynasty.

Back when I was 14, all it took was five minutes alone with a Victoria's Secret catalog to show myself a good time.

There's just no denying it... I am the King of Seduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted that "Yes" you are a dynasty. That is, if we define a dynasty as:

a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time (from M-W.com)

You are not a GROUP, however, so perhaps "dynasty" does not quite apply.

One Pats fan to another: have you engaged in any illegal videotaping of his signals to gain an edge? Do you wear a torn hoodie while you beat the snot out of him? What are your press conferences like? Do you sleep under your desk during the "season"?

A quick question (coming from a big time Red Sox fan) and this pertains to the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry before 2004:

Quote:
Smith and Wesson get into a fight every night for one hundred nights in a row. If Smith beats Wesson 99 times out of 100, does that mean these two have a rivalry, or is Wesson just being stupid?

Which is to say, the Red Sox and Yankees had NO rivalry until the Sox beat the Pinstripers a few times. I will call your run TRULY dynastic once your buddy beats you a few times and then you begin to hammer him again.

Maybe your buddy needs to spend some more money on free agents? Is there a Twilight Struggle version of Big Papi? Thoughts?

Peace,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.