Subject: PitchCar Track Modification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Broadway

Mt. Pleasant
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ordered a copy of PitchCar, and expansions 1& 2.

I found myself wanting more intersections but I only had two curves and two straights that ended with a flat "non-puzzle" end. So I decided to sacrifice one straight, broke out my jigsaw, and turned one straight piece of track into two pieces that convert the puzzle ends to straight ends. The cool thing about the new pieces is that they are the correct length to turn a standard straight or curved piece of track into the exact dimensions of the expansion flat end pieces (the new piece converts either straights or curves). Additionally, the new pieces can make a curve which is flat on either end, which adds a significant amount of flexibility to the track layout.

Has anyone else tried this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't felt the urge to make custom track yet, but what you've suggested is a fairly harmless modification. Care to share pictures of the additional tracks you can make now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Knowing how much I spent on it I am too scared to even try. However, I thinking about making my own set of tracks with 1/2" thick MDF. It wouldn't be compatible with PitchCar but I could make some fun modifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little leery of doing anything permanent to my PitchCar track, but I have thought about making custom track. A friend is supposed to be getting a CNC machine soon. If that happens, I'll be doing all kinds of crazy stuff with MDF/Formicha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show us some pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Broadway

Mt. Pleasant
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if this works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dietrich
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pictures. This looks like a great mod! thumbsup May have to visit my neighbour who is a wiz with the saw. I wouldn't dare it on my own!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.